Neuroscience Research on Sleep, Dreams, Lucid Dreaming, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurocirujano

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, hopefully this thread is appropriate. Sorry mods, if it isn't feel free to execute it.

Just wondering if any of you had opinions/theories/ideas on lucid dreaming. It's always interested me, and I have had a couple of them.

Also, in your opinion, is there anything that neuroscience research on sleep will reveal that isn't already known. I mean, obviously we don't know much at all about sleep besides the fact that we need it for something whether that be learning, just rest, etc.

I'm asking because I am a neuroscience major at my undergraduate institution and will be starting research soon. The brain interests me so much, and if I could pick any area to research it would most likely be REM sleep, dreaming, lucid dreaming, etc. Is research on sleep, dreams, lucid dreaming, etc. frowned upon as somewhat supernatural or something? I mean it's not sleep and dreams aren't supernatural or anything, I just can't find the word to describe what I'm trying to say. How is it usually tested (EEGs, fMRI, etc.)?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: