1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Neurosurgery Match

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Vasiley Zaitsev, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Vasiley Zaitsev

Vasiley Zaitsev Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Anyone match this year for Neurosurg?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. droliver

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Lots of non-matched spots again I noticed

4. Whisker Barrel Cortex

10+ Year Member

Neurosurgery is an early match. I asked my friend who matched at a neurosurg program why there are some spots in the main NRMP match. His explanation to me is that these spots are actually filled. These applicants are apparently required to register for the NRMP, but some don't realize it. Thus, there appears to be open spots at these programs. Sounds kinda wierd to me, but I know its a early match, so I would tend to believe him.

5. Vasiley Zaitsev

Vasiley Zaitsev Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by droliver:
    <strong>Lots of non-matched spots again I noticed</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I heard only 2 unfilled spots..

BTW...

look at this:

<a href="http://www.neurosurgery.ufl.edu/Residents/cv/zipfel.html" target="_blank">http://www.neurosurgery.ufl.edu/Residents/cv/zipfel.html</a>

it has his DEA number (why?) and says he won the congressional medal of honor..which he did not! (I checked the recipeint list). Has UF started to lie about their residents?