Neurotic question on who to address this LOI to and where to send it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheeezcake

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) I'm on the waitlist at my top choice due to a poor interview in November. The director of admissions is familiar with me as we've emailed a bit in the past. Any email I've sent to the admissions office is also returned with her signature. Do I address the LOI to her directly, to the dean of admissions himself, or just to the admissions committee?

2. Should the LOI be sent to the general admissions office email? Work email of director or dean? Uploaded to the portal like other updates? A combination of email and portal upload?

Don't yell at me please

Members don't see this ad.

1) Dear Daddy

2) admissions email should be fine and they will make sure it is uploaded/forwarded to best person

Reactions: 2 users
1) I'm on the waitlist at my top choice due to a poor interview in November. The director of admissions is familiar with me as we've emailed a bit in the past. Any email I've sent to the admissions office is also returned with her signature. Do I address the LOI to her directly, to the dean of admissions himself, or just to the admissions committee?

2. Should the LOI be sent to the general admissions office email? Work email of director or dean? Uploaded to the portal like other updates? A combination of email and portal upload?

Don't yell at me please
I always address mine to the admissions committee because theya re the ones who ultimately read it.

Members don't see this ad :)

Don't yell at me please
Is this a needy school? How do you think a non-binding contract from a desperate candidate will go over?

Reactions: 1 user
Is this a needy school? How do you think a non-binding contract from a desperate candidate will go over?
they mentioned on interview day that they welcome it. Not sure how much weight in would carry though.

Don't yell at me please
1) Admissions Committee
2) Most schools tell you how they would like to receive updates/LOIs, so be sure to look on their websites. Usually, admissions email is fine for those types of letters.
they mentioned on interview day that they welcome it. Not sure how much weight in would carry though.
It'll not carry much weight tbh. But you can make it carry more if you explicitly say that you will immediately drop all acceptances and waitlist positions if they accept you.
I wrote a letter like that to the school I am attending now. Did my letter help? Idk.

Reactions: 1 user