Neurotic question on who to address this LOI to and where to send it.

• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

Cheeezcake

2+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
1) I'm on the waitlist at my top choice due to a poor interview in November. The director of admissions is familiar with me as we've emailed a bit in the past. Any email I've sent to the admissions office is also returned with her signature. Do I address the LOI to her directly, to the dean of admissions himself, or just to the admissions committee?

2. Should the LOI be sent to the general admissions office email? Work email of director or dean? Uploaded to the portal like other updates? A combination of email and portal upload?

Don't yell at me please

D

deleted987519

1) Dear Daddy

2) admissions email should be fine and they will make sure it is uploaded/forwarded to best person

Reactions: 2 users

Talldoctor96

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2018
1) I'm on the waitlist at my top choice due to a poor interview in November. The director of admissions is familiar with me as we've emailed a bit in the past. Any email I've sent to the admissions office is also returned with her signature. Do I address the LOI to her directly, to the dean of admissions himself, or just to the admissions committee?

2. Should the LOI be sent to the general admissions office email? Work email of director or dean? Uploaded to the portal like other updates? A combination of email and portal upload?

Don't yell at me please
I always address mine to the admissions committee because theya re the ones who ultimately read it.

About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student

Don't yell at me please
Is this a needy school? How do you think a non-binding contract from a desperate candidate will go over?

Reactions: 1 user

Cheeezcake

2+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Is this a needy school? How do you think a non-binding contract from a desperate candidate will go over?
they mentioned on interview day that they welcome it. Not sure how much weight in would carry though.

Hi_I'mPaul

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

Don't yell at me please
1) Admissions Committee
2) Most schools tell you how they would like to receive updates/LOIs, so be sure to look on their websites. Usually, admissions email is fine for those types of letters.
they mentioned on interview day that they welcome it. Not sure how much weight in would carry though.
It'll not carry much weight tbh. But you can make it carry more if you explicitly say that you will immediately drop all acceptances and waitlist positions if they accept you.
I wrote a letter like that to the school I am attending now. Did my letter help? Idk.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.