Neurotic: Would mentioning WebMD in my personal statement be a red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Throwawayaccount777

Reaction score
I mention WebMD in my personal statement to set the scene about health anxiety I experienced in high school. I try to make it very clear that it wasn't good advice, and that I wanted professional care. The next paragraph I talk about actually seeing a physician and getting the treatment I needed.

Would adcoms read that and be offended that I mentioned WebMD? I imagine physicians hate that website (rightfully so), and I don't want to annoy anyone as they're reading my app. I know this is a very neurotic question but I'm a neurotic person 😫

Members don't see this ad.

Do you need to mention the website by name or could you just refer to "information on the internet". I realize that it is more characters but I think that it would make the point without triggering anyone.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Do you need to mention the website by name or could you just refer to "information on the internet". I realize that it is more characters but I think that it would make the point without triggering anyone.
Yea I think that sounds safest, so I'll do that. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user