Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Nevada

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hansdieter702, Nov 16, 2005.

1. hansdieter702

hansdieter702 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Has anyone recieved an interview after completing the secondary yet? If so, how did they contact you and how soon after you sent everything in did they contact you? Just curious

2. StevenRF

StevenRF Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I got an interview pre secondary. Still haven't sent in the secondary. To be honest I didn't like it there much... don't think I'm gonna send it in... oh well It was good practice though before my other interviews.

3. Centinel

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Wow, that was totally unnecessary.

Hansdieter: I know that UNR tends not to send out interview invites until a few weeks before they want you to interview. I also know that they have some late December interviews set up already (but I have no idea if they're 'full' yet). Have you given them a call?

4. Peter Griffen

Peter Griffen Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was contacted by email prior to my secondary application arriving by snail mail and about 2 weeks after submitting my AMCAS. I interviewed on November 3rd and now I have the loooooonnnnngggggggg wait. And by the way, I thought that UNR was fantastic.

5. StevenRF

StevenRF Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

My apollogies if that came off sounding offensive or boasting. If you like UNR thats great, but when I went there for my interview I came out feeling that it wasn't for me. BTW, I'm fairly sure they interview almost everyone who gets a secondary so don't worry. Their application pool is smaller compared to most so you'll have a good chance. Good luck.

6. Centinel

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No, it's fine. I just think that such statements are inflammatory, especially since the original post was asking about interviews because he's concerned that he might not get one. It just seems too blunt to tell someone, "Oh, you are trying to get an interview at that school? Well I had mine and it was worthless." The implications of that are devestating.

7. hansdieter702

hansdieter702 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I already have sent in my secondary (about 1 month ago) and have been in contact with the director of admissions. I guess they are having problems uploading my letters of rec. from the online server that my school uses. Wierd. She informed me that they would be contacting me regarding an interview after thanksgiving. So that's pretty good news.

Do you guys know roughly how man people have interviewed so far. Are they doing 10 per week, 20 per week? For those of you that have already interviewed, how was it? Did you interview in Vegas or Reno? Is the school still run by Psychiatrists? I'm just trying to get an idea of how the school is and how far along they are in the interview pool.