never give up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zorro21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you who dont get accepted to medical school this year, i want to encourage you to not give up. if you really want to be a physician and want to practice osteopathic medicine, it will happen. just believe in yourself and continue to apply and improve your application.
call the admissions committee and ask them what you can do to improve your chances. retake the mcat, work on your gpa, look in the phone book for local DO physicians and shadow them in their clinicals. i know it may be hard at times, but persistance is the key. believe in your heart that it will happen and it will...never let go of your dreams and make them into reality...
i applied to medical school last year. i got 2 interviews, turned down at one school and put on the waiting list at another. this year i applied to 2 DO schools. i got interviews at both, turned down at one, and accepted to LECOM....my dream came true. i am now living my dream. it took me a long time to get accepted, but i got in!!!
so, believe in yourself, never give up, and one your dream will come true....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I too am a successful reapplicant to medical school, and I went through the same process you did.

I agree with you. It is possible to become a doctor, even with credentials that require rehabilitation. It does take commitment and persistence, and it sounds like you have both.

I love being a doctor, and I believe I have a greater appreciation for it than most others in my class who did not struggle to get in.

Best wishes to you. I know you'll love it too!