Never received confirmation email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted on the 24th of June, but never got a confirmation email. However, my credit card's been charged once and I can't alter my essay, so I'm assuming it's been transmitted. I've called but can't get thru (what's new). Also, I faxed my MCAT score release form to their office asking them to release my scores to Columbia, but my credit card hasn't been charged. Should I send them a check? Fax again? or just wait? Has anyone else submitted but hasn't received their email?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted on the 22nd, and according to my printout, my app was certified on the 26th, but not processed. I got absolutely nothing by email until the notice telling me I successfully submitted. I didn't get anything at all telling me my application status, ever. I think the "professionals" that AMCAS have on loan from McDonald's or wherever successfully lost my transcript. I'm sure something is wrong or else they would have emailed me by now. I want to call them, but if you can't even get through as you said, I guess I'm about out of options.

How can you get the "printout" that showed the fact that it's been certified?

Members don't see this ad :)
Try the "print application" link and look at the top of the screen that opens.

Originally posted by moo:
•I submitted on the 24th of June, but never got a confirmation email. However, my credit card's been charged once and I can't alter my essay, so I'm assuming it's been transmitted. I've called but can't get thru (what's new). Also, I faxed my MCAT score release form to their office asking them to release my scores to Columbia, but my credit card hasn't been charged. Should I send them a check? Fax again? or just wait? Has anyone else submitted but hasn't received their email?•

I submitted on June 29th, and have gotten no confirmation email yet either. But every other possible hint of transmission has occurred (credit card charged, $0 balance, etc)

As far as the MCAT ASR, I submitted one about 3 months ago and it took them a good 3 weeks before they ever deposited my check. So they are really slow in processing those requests.

Ok, on the date certified thing it says "N/A". What does this mean? Should I resubmit? This is driving me crazy!

Ok, I recertified, and resubmitted, but now on the print out it says, date submitted: N/A. What the hell's going on???? Or is the printout thing not to be trusted since I've heard there are bugs in that too?

Dont trust the printout, theres alot of bugs associated with it also.

Check your account balance thats indicated right below the medical school list, it should say $0.

Check to see if you are able to edit your personal statement/vision essay. It should give you an error message stating that you are not allowed to edit it anymore.

Of course you can call them on Thursday as well, if you are prepared to wait for a couple of hours and possibly get disconnected or get somebody on the phone who doesnt know what they are doing.

thanks baylor... I can't change my essay and the fee owed says $0, so I'm sure it's submitted. I just wish I could get thru to confirm though... Does anyone know if AMCAS will be staffed on Thursday and Friday so that we can call them?

You all need to go to my new subject post "AMCAS- I am going to DC in person""

Be very worried if you think you submitted. Read my message under that topic on this message board. I don't want to type it again here.

It is very scary to think our applications may never get to the schools we picked because we think we submitted and AMCAS says they don't have a record of us.