New AAMC CBT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaCkO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already done all the AAMC CBT tests available including AAMC 11 during my first MCAT . Does anyone know if any new AAMC going to be released in the near future?

Members don't see this ad.

they don't really release new exams that often. so 11 will be the latest and greatest for a while. try tbr cbts. u can purchase them through their site

I have already done all the AAMC CBT tests available including AAMC 11 during my first MCAT . Does anyone know if any new AAMC going to be released in the near future?

As apc said, AAMC11 probably is their last one out since the new test comes out in 2015. I can't see they will create another new practice test beyond 11 If they do, it probably will be a "toy" one simulating the 2015 format.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I did purchase TBR will work on them pretty soon
Does Anyone know if out current Mcat will start reflecting the new changes in 2015 or it will be kept this way

Yes I did purchase TBR will work on them pretty soon
Does Anyone know if out current Mcat will start reflecting the new changes in 2015 or it will be kept this way
it will be kept this way. that's why the changes are due in 2015 and not now. but there's a good chance ull see some of these "experimental" passages in your bio section. the experimental passages really depend on your luck. they may show up or they may not. they may be easier (than molecular) for regular bio majors, or they maybe much harder than any molecular passage. either way, they have to do a test drive on us before the change is official.

it will be kept this way. that's why the changes are due in 2015 and not now. but there's a good chance ull see some of these "experimental" passages in your bio section. the experimental passages really depend on your luck. they may show up or they may not. they may be easier (than molecular) for regular bio majors, or they maybe much harder than any molecular passage. either way, they have to do a test drive on us before the change is official.
Yes they will experiment on us. I wish that luck didn't play a big role on this test as it is now. 2-3 points up or down due to luck can be a drastic change in the overall score.
(If only they know my true knowledge and understanding of the Material)
I really feel bad when someone who was teaching at Princeton review who got a 40 on the MCAT with a 15 on BS and doesn't know anything in details about the materials, just a shallow understanding of it. Although I admit that he is a very intelligent individual with some great testing skills however I feel ashamed to see an Economics Major( him) getting a 40 on his MCAT and me a bio major getting a 28.

Yes they will experiment on us. I wish that luck didn't play a big role on this test as it is now. 2-3 points up or down due to luck can be a drastic change in the overall score.
(If only they know my true knowledge and understanding of the Material)
I really feel bad when someone who was teaching at Princeton review who got a 40 on the MCAT with a 15 on BS and doesn't know anything in details about the materials, just a shallow understanding of it. Although I admit that he is a very intelligent individual with some great testing skills however I feel ashamed to see an Economics Major( him) getting a 40 on his MCAT and me a bio major getting a 28.

Stay with it:) Your time of 40 can come if you work (1) wisely and (2) your Axx off. :thumbup:. Good luck!

If you see a genuine experimental passage or question, one that deals only with new topics not on the current topic list, can you save time and skip it since you know it won't be graded?

If you see a genuine experimental passage or question, one that deals only with new topics not on the current topic list, can you save time and skip it since you know it won't be graded?

It's plausible but more than a little risky, you'd want to be absolutely certain and I feel like they wouldn't make it that obvious...