New AMCAS e-mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an e-mail from AMCAS saying that my application was submitted and verified. The only thing is the my app was actually verified in June... I guess they are trying to catch up. 4 months late though. The following "It is better to do something later than never"

Members don't see this ad.

me too. for a second I was excited (as I have a different account for med-school related emails so anything in there makes me jump)... oh well

Members don't see this ad :)
I got it too. What was the point of the e-mail anyways???? Nothing new in it.

they finally confirm my app. took them long enough.

I'm glad to hear other got this strange email as well. It kind of confused me because I couldn't understand why they were sending it out now.

wait Oh MY GOD i haven't received this email yet - should i write AMCAS a letter to ask about it? Is it polite to use fed express? If I do write a letter, should I type or handwrite it, or have kinko's color print it onto a tire and float it across the Pacific ocean to them? ;)

Originally posted by Bikini Princess
wait Oh MY GOD i haven't received this email yet - should i write AMCAS a letter to ask about it? Is it polite to use fed express? If I do write a letter, should I type or handwrite it, or have kinko's color print it onto a tire and float it across the Pacific ocean to them? ;)

Puhhleeze! Accept no substitutions for hand delivery. Get on a plane and don't jeopardizer yer chances for medical school admissions! :p

Yeah, I got this email too....which I found funny, since it came over a week later than my first acceptance :)

I received this email as well. It is just to give you an update on your current status. My application was verified June 18th (transcripts were done being compared to my AMCAS application). Schools were able to start downloading my application July 10th.