New Army Uniform?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DieselDoctor

Gramoton Cleric
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the word on the new army uniform? If someone is planning to attend OBC this summer, which uniform should we buy?

Members don't see this ad.

DieselDoctor said:
What's the word on the new army uniform? If someone is planning to attend OBC this summer, which uniform should we buy?

If you're planning to buy anything other than an old set of BDUs just to make it through OBC, then I suggest buying the new ACUs. It'll take years (about 2, I think) before they're completely phased in, but if you buy nice, new BDUs now, then you'll be out a couple hundred more in a few years anyway.

Can we wear the new ACU during OBC, or do we wear the BDU's?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
ACU's are official uniforms and yes you should be able to wear them. You are going to have to buy them anyway, you may as well do it while you get a stipend to do it. Unlike us poor schlub's who have to shell out 100$ / uniform now.

As a doctor in the operational army my suggestion is get the new ACUs. they are more comfortable, they do not have to pressed, and you will not have to shine your boots. Also, you do not have to get patches sewed on- it is all just velcro. By the time you start residency and beyond the BDU's will have been phased out.