New ASCP Surg Path review book for sale.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flowho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like the new ASCP companion to their Surg Path compendium is available. Was going to pick one up from USCAP but got a discount code yesterday: BKFTENDS for 10% any ASCP book through their website. (supposedly good through march 13<SUP>th</SUP>)

Looks like more questions for me to perseverate over as I study for the boards.

<O:p</O:pWill post a review when it arrives, hoping it is significantly better than one of the combined AP/CP review book that I looked at..<O:p</O:p

Members don't see this ad.

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> The book arrived just in time for my trip up to USCAP (and gave me more to reading during the multiple plane delays). So far I am happy with the book. Many of the questions are challenging and reminds me of USMLE world when I was studying for the steps. Most of the explanations are straight-ford without re-paraphrasing the chapter. Most of the images are excellent however there are a few that are small, especially in the lymph node chapter. I hope that can be fixed whenever the online version hits the website. I also liked the radiology correlates in the bone chapter.

So I think I would give it a 4/5 because nothing is perfect.. but am interested to see how the online version works and if the images can be zoomed in, etc.