• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

f_w

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
If I had a penny for every 'cure for cancer' found by some backyard tinkerer, I could already buy a latte.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
lol, i like how he puts his hand in the radio waves to prove that they are harmless....

About the Ads

hans19

I'm back...
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
http://gizmodo.com/379952/guy-inven...io-machine-built-out-of-pie-pans-and-hot-dogs

This idea of killing cancer cells with metallic particles and RF sounds intriguing. Doesn't this sound familiar to RF ablation? If it is shown to work, could this be a new area for growth for radiology or radonc?

I can see microcatheter delivery of the microparticles to the tumor + RFA. It may be a bit more targeted than RFA, but then how would you achieve a good burn margin?

So far RFA + chemoembo shows the most promising results, according to JVIR and SIR.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.