New Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmj11

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am the author of a new book about the "in-the-trenches" account of becoming and practicing (for 20 years) as a Physician Assistant. It is called A Kernel in the Pod (more info at: www.kernelnpod.com) It is in the same vein (pun intended) as "House of God"--(funny but with a serious commentary on the medical practice business) as well. I am trying to get a review from people in different (medical and non-medical) walks of life.

I am looking for a (one only) Pre-med or medical student who would interested in getting a free copy of my book, reading it and telling us what they think.

I will send a copy to the first one to contact me @ [email protected]

Thanks, Mike Jones

Members don't see this ad.

so why exactly is this posted here in the pre-allo (MD) forum?

Moderator - does this look like an advertisment? And why does this guy only have 3 posts?

Ya think a Minnesotan would know better!

Well,
Good point AdCadet. But we've allowed people in the past such as Greg Nickleson to advertise their books so I see no reason why this particular thread should be closed. Technically, they are not selling their product, but instead looking for reviewers--as such, I don't see any way this person is making money from posting this. Furthermore, I think that *some* benefit can come from this to members. This is a tricky issue; but I would prefer to lean on the side of no action. If the thread takes another turn I might have to close it.

Cool? :)

good points, Tweetie.

It's cool with me.