New C-arm recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmeanesthesia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our OEC 9600 that the practice acquired before I started crapped out, and we are currently using a Philips BV 300 plus (a dinosaur). We are looking at our options for a new/gently used unit. I read through some of the old threads and am seeing Philips and Siemens as alternatives. Our vendor also proposed a Genoray Zen 7000 which the company claims is comparable to an OEC 9900 but $90,000 for a new machine with a 5 year warranty.

I wanted to get your thoughts on a good value brand and benefits of new vs used. To give you an idea of usage: In office I’m doing bread and butter procedures - epidurals, MBBs, RFA, the occasional sympathetic block and joint injection. being able to overscan to 45-50 degrees is important to me for CLO on the cervicals - current unit only goes to about 30 deg. We don’t do SCS in office. I do the occasional cervical SNRB and for that I would like to be able to do DSA. We do have plenty of patients on the thicker side so good resolution on them is important.

I’d greatly appreciate recommendations, or links to sites with good reviews and comparisons - mostly what I’ve found searching doesn’t give a good head to head and of course no idea of the price for the new units. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Currently there’s an 2019 OEC 9900 Super C for $100,000 - more than I’d wanted to pay but allegedly a great deal. Can anyone enlighten me on what extra features you get with the 9900 vs the 9800 super c?

Currently there’s an 2019 OEC 9900 Super C for $100,000 - more than I’d wanted to pay but allegedly a great deal. Can anyone enlighten me on what extra features you get with the 9900 vs the 9800 super c?

We got one--a new OEC9900 super-C. Mostly better image quality features and dose reduction. Digital flat-panel and slightly smaller overall foot-print. Also interfaces better with office PACS.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I bought a Ziehm....smaller footprint cuz it’s all-in-one with dual flat panels that swivel around. Laser pointer. Very low dose for images I need compared to my old 9800 for the same pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
These are pics of the screen from my phone on low dose
0E0DB293-1BEE-4809-A902-27A9759705D4.jpeg
4F05E4C0-D03D-4623-A1F9-38335DAE2375.jpeg

We got one--a new OEC9900 super-C. Mostly better image quality features and dose reduction. Digital flat-panel and slightly smaller overall foot-print. Also interfaces better with office PACS.

That is awesome! Go big or go home.

Reactions: 1 user
I bought a Siemens....smaller footprint cuz it’s all-in-one with dual flat panels that swivel around. Laser pointer. Very low dose for images I need compared to my old 9800 for the same pics.

Which model Siemens is it?

Which model Siemens is it?

The Ziehm Solo FD.....here’s my sales guys pitch cuz price is same as OEC 9900.....it also has a cordless Bluetooth foot pedal which is kinda cool.

The Solo FD has a much higher quality picture and higher resolution monitor with 2K x 2K lines of resolution, state of the art 100% digital CMOS flat panel, which has up to four times more resolution and available grey scales than the older analogue GE OEC 9900. GE OEC 9900, old analogue imaging with 1K x 1K LPR rather than 2K like Solo FD. The simple fact that it is a fully CMOS digital flat panel technology, and not an old analogue image intensifier based technology makes it a great value compared to the 9900.

Last edited:
Also need a new/refurbed c-arm.

Group buy anyone?

Doctodd, can’t seem to find any info on a Siemens Solo, but i do see a Ziehm.
d
Do you mind sharing the info of your sales guy or his company info?

Last edited:
Paul Pappas (954) 816-8745

It’s a Ziehm not a Siemens. Somehow my iphone transcribed it incorrectly

95% of my cases are done under low dose. In the obese lumbar case I’ll use regular dose. I don’t have any concerns with longevity because I don’t push my machines, but I can’t predict the future so I’ll let you know.

My understanding is that the c-arms used in vascular cases are used much longer, and stress the components much more. We only use it for a few seconds per case vs a vascular case which can be many minutes riding that pedal. Longevity should not be an issue in a c-arm used for pain.

Genoray=Genocrap ime. Stay away