New Chair at Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BraggPeak

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently Bill Small will be the new chair at Loyola.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this will do for Loyola....I'm assuming it can only be positive for Loyola.

But Northwestern on the other hand....seems like literally everyone has left the department there. Small was the only big name there (since Mehta left)...perhaps more changes coming to that department? Always seemed odd to me that northwestern, which is traditionally a 'big-name' institution, had a such a weak/non-research oriented rad onc department.

Members don't see this ad.

Loyola has recently gone through a period of transition so having a new chair will definitively bring about some stability. Northwestern might be going through the same process. It was a strong department and their chair is still very robust. In addition, the institution overall has a great reputation so I'm sure they will be able to attract whatever talent they need. Rad onc departments are small and a few departures create a big ruckus. It's something we all have to deal with at times.