Podmeister

10+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Status
Podiatrist
Congratulations Dr. Lee Rogers!

IA Podiatrist Appointed Chair of ADA Foot Care Interest Group
Lee C. Rogers, DPM has been appointed Chair of the Foot Interest Group for the American Diabetes Association. He will serve in this position for two years and will be responsible for chairing the panels on diabetic foot complications at the ADA’s Scientific Sessions which draw over 15,000 scientists, physicians, and other health professionals. Dr. Rogers published an editorial in the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association in 2008 which estimated that $30 billion was spent on diabetic foot ulcers and amputations in the previous year alone.
Dr. Lee C. Rogers
Dr. Rogers has authored over 50 publications, including several book chapters on diabetic foot disorders and has been an investigator on more than 20 clinical trials. He is currently the Director of the Amputation Prevention Center at Broadlawns Medical Center in Des Moines, IA.

hyperpodia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2008
Status
Podiatry Student
Congras thanks for making Pods proud

diabeticfootdr

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Status
Attending Physician
Conrgrats!

Was the position always filled by a DPM or is this something monumental?
Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. I'm looking forward to advancing the profession and the cause (amputation prevention) through the ADA.

The position has been held by various specialties, podiatrists, diabetologists, and vascular surgeons.

I'm following David Armstrong, DPM, PhD.

LCR

Podfather

7+ Year Member
May 10, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
Never trust a guy who usually wears a bow tie. Shaved heads also scare me ;)