New Dental Blog

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peter Venkman

:D
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My Dental Blog

I have a lot of time on my hands now so I decided that I would start a blog mainly about dentistry/pre-dentistry, but I'll also add other stuff as I want to along the way.

So far I have some posts regarding the DAT, getting, involved, gpa, classes, etc... I plan on blogging through the semester and through dental school and even as a professional.

I'll add dental news and anything else on here that I can think of. So I wanted to throw it out there. It's brand new so hopefully it can become a tool for most people to refer to. I'll try and keep everything updated with regards to the DAT and scores and whatnot by checking back.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

how long do you guys think this will last?
I give it two weeks before he gets bored.

I'm sorry to hijack. But I was just reading your blog, and I saw something that really disturbed me.

You talk about your pre-dental club going on this trip to Nicaragua/Costa Rica, and then I read this: "We setup 3 stations in some small rooms next to the church: cleanings, fillings and extractions. Over the next few days, we each got to spend one day in each station. Here's a picture of me pulling a central incisor out of a little boy:"

Do you honestly think you are qualified to perform such operations?
Would you do this in your hometown, to the boy who lives across the street?
What gives you the right to go to a 3rd world country and perform an operation you are nowhere near qualified to do?
Do you think you are helping by going overseas and "volunteering" in this manner?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh come on, exactly what qualification do you need to pull out an incisor on a child? I think my grandpa pulled mine out with a string and a doorknob. Cut him some slack.

Yeah i've had friends go to other trips like this and they let them do stuff like that. I really dont think there is a lot of harm in pulling a baby tooth....to each his own i guess. To the OP nice blog keep it up very interesting! :thumbup:

Dentist started it, I finished it.

Thanks shoombol :)

Also important: the setting where this took place.

I am from Brazil, we ALL pull our deciduous teeth with strings or whatnot. Totally common. :D

Glanced at it, looks nice enough - but for christ's sake get off blogspot. If you want to have a real blog, and you claim to want to continue through school and everything, buy a domain and some hosting, put wordpress on there ( www.wordpress.org ) and get-er-done!