New dental disease is sweeping the nation!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dienepredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's called sdn syndrome. It typically affects pre-dental applicants in the current application cycle. Symptoms include: constantly refreshing e-mail tab for interviews, simultaneously refreshing e-mail on smartphone just in case, (generally repeated multiple times an hour), refreshing the sdn interview/acceptance/rejection thread multiple times a day to see if the schools you applied to sent anything out that day, refreshing the school specific discussions page multiple times a day to follow up on matters related to schools you have applied to, refreshing the AADSAS decisions page once per day to check for new updates, etc. Those infected may also experience excitement, paranoia, obsessive tendencies, nervousness, and/or anxiety.

If you believe you or a loved one is infected, please remain calm and be aware that the symptoms generally resolve themselves as acceptances begin to go out. If symptoms remain after the first day of dental school begins, please seek emergency medical attention.

Stay safe, sdn.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
Way too much time on your hands.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I do lol. I find humor in silly things. It's the little things in life ^_^

Reactions: 5 users
Buzzfeed click-bait titles are sweeping sdn.

Reactions: 1 user
this is the funniest and most accurate thing I've read on here in years. I definitely have this problem and it's affecting every aspect of my life. hahahah

Reactions: 1 user