New edition of Kaplan MCAT 7-book review being released july 4th??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicka2397

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone else has seen the new edition (2018-2019) of the Kaplan MCAT 7-book review set on Amazon (isbn 978-1506223957). I keep trying to find more info about it but I can't find anything anywhere! I don't know if I should buy the 3rd edition of the 2015 set, or this one once it gets released on July 4th. Anyone else having this issue???

Members don't see this ad.

The content doesn't change much between editions. They keep making new editions so that they can make money off the same material, just like textbooks do. Correct some errors, re-write a few questions, move a few sections around, and you have a brand new "edition" that you can sell at a premium.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah don't wait for the new edition - they haven't made any changes except grammar or spelling since the first edition (I checked out all of them)

Reactions: 1 users
It depends on the price difference between both of them, but honestly, how much difference does one find between two textbooks on the same subject released only a year apart about the same exam? If you want to be frugal I'd avoid it, if money isn't a thing, the newer edition couldn't hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know why July is the time they roll out new editions?

This also happened to TPR sometime...where the summer class students received the older edition when classes started in May/June.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but are you guys sure there's no valuable difference between the new set and the old? They're two years apart and kaplan has definitely learned more about how the new mcat works since 2015.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but are you guys sure there's no valuable difference between the new set and the old? They're two years apart and kaplan has definitely learned more about how the new mcat works since 2015.

I bought the new set released in July, and it is really nice. I got it for about $129 on Amazon so the price difference isn't that much between the new set and the old. Mind as well just get the new set!!