New EDP ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had another idea about early decision program. What if I apply as early decision applicant to one of the universities and then apply as a regular applicant to the others. Is it poissble? I was just thinking that if a university accepts me I would not have any problems choosing it over the others. But if it does not accept me as an EDA, I still have chances at the other places so I do not loose time. Is it possible to file two separate applications through AMCAS or they block you right away after you applied through EDP? Does anyone have experince with that?

Members don't see this ad.

You will not be allowed to apply regularly to amcas if you apply EDP. You can file the regular amcas application only after you are rejected from your EDP school, which could happen in October. If rejected, your regular application will be late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bottom line is you cannot do this. That's the whole point of EDP. You're supposed to show a strong commitment to one school, by applying to that school and only that school. It's a kind of gamble that may or may not work out in your favor.

If you're thinking of filing two separate applications, one for EDP and one regular, good luck to you because unless you can get two SSN's I don't see how that's possible.

It's not allowed, you can only do one thing at a time. Check out the aamc website for a full explanation. :)