New EK 101 Passages CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrayArea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new EK 101 passages contains completely new reading passages?

Want to know if its worth purchasing.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone else feel that the new EK passages are really detail oriented and a lot harder than AAMC passages? I'm keep getting 50-60%...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I bought the NS 10 book over the summer since it was designed for the new MCAT. So far its been really good. Th old EK book from what I saw had some really awful explanations that just lacked logic, very unlike the AAMC at all.

I would say that the NS verbal 108 book is more detail oriented in its Qs than the AAMC material I have seen so far, but I am not far into either set. How much is the EK book? If it's more than $40 I would get something else. CARS is the easiest to write IMO so the book should not be as expensive as their exams.

I bought the NS 10 book over the summer since it was designed for the new MCAT. So far its been really good. Th old EK book from what I saw had some really awful explanations that just lacked logic, very unlike the AAMC at all.

I would say that the NS verbal 108 book is more detail oriented in its Qs than the AAMC material I have seen so far, but I am not far into either set. How much is the EK book? If it's more than $40 I would get something else. CARS is the easiest to write IMO so the book should not be as expensive as their exams.

Currently, on Amazon, there is no ship date yet but, you can preorder it for $40 using prime. On the EK site, its for 50 with another 20 or so for shipping...which is crazy for just one book.

Reactions: 1 user
Currently, on Amazon, there is no ship date yet but, you can preorder it for $40 using prime. On the EK site, its for 50 with another 20 or so for shipping...which is crazy for just one book.

I really hope that it ships soon. I don't want to have to pay 30 extra dollars for the book

I really hope that it ships soon. I don't want to have to pay 30 extra dollars for the book
I don't know if that works, but you could try letting EK knows the confirmation number from amazon and ask them to ship it.
Something along these lines would work.

Yes, I felt that some of the passages and questions were relatively impossible. I find it really hard to believe the AAMC would replicate this difficulty....

I keep getting 70% scores.
You are doing pretty well! I'm keep getting 50-60% and really don't know what to do to improve :( I've been working on CARS for a year now and have seen zero improvement even though I've taken different CARS courses and even worked with a few tutors. I'm starting to lose hope that this section is improvable... I've done pretty much all AAMC passages (re-doing them now) and looked into TPR and EK. What should I do?!

The new EK CARS 101 Book is KICKING MY ASS. definitely a confidence killer.

Reactions: 2 users
The new EK CARS 101 Book is KICKING MY ASS. definitely a confidence killer.
I find the same thing with the NextStep 108 CARS book I have...AND the AAMC section bank. I am starting to see a scary pattern here.

We're all gonna make it!