rhetoric

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the new and newish programs for 2009 - eg, St Louis University, Case Western Reserve (there are two), etc.

I don't have the strongest Boards scores, so my advisor suggested I try newer programs (UCSF aside), which may be more forgiving as they try to build their reputation. What do y'all think? :confused:

Last edited:

GoBuckeyes913

Intoxicating
10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Night’s Watch
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I would definitely send out your app.. . . the worst they can tell you is no. Anything is worth a shot, so try and stay positive. Case's new program (@ Case Medical Center--1073 bed hospital, big-uns) seems like a dream world (40 hours/week :eek:) Their EM faculty are pretty well-known names in academic world, heavy ICU (including top notch Neuro ICU rotation), lots of Peds @ Rainbow which is Level 1 trauma for kiddos. Construction is underway on a brand new 54,000 sq ft ED. In my opinion, I don't think they will have a problem filling their spots this year but I'm not sure how many apps they got either.

DO IT UP!! You got nothin' to lose :luck:

SoCuteMD

15+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
No more rounding!
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Your advisor may be correct on some level, but I think the UCSF program has a number of interns who are AOA - not exactly a weak start.

As an aside - 40 hours a week? Really? I think that would be more of a (-) than a (+) to me.

About the Ads

GoBuckeyes913

Intoxicating
10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Night’s Watch
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Your advisor may be correct on some level, but I think the UCSF program has a number of interns who are AOA - not exactly a weak start.

As an aside - 40 hours a week? Really? I think that would be more of a (-) than a (+) to me.

That's the word on the street... work no more than 40-45 hr/wk.

FLTDOC1

PGY-33
10+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Where do I sign up? I haven worked under a 40 hour week for 10 years.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.