new EM programs, (UTMB at Galveston, Texas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andy Kahn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After doing med school at UTMB, it's cool to see them advertise for an EM Program Director in the latest (Nov/Dec) SAEM Newsletter. Are they taking applicants for this upcoming year or the next? What other new programs are either taking applicants for this cycle or the upcoming ones?
-andy

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy Andy!

Pretty cool to see, huh? I just saw the same add about five minutes ago.

I spoke with Dr. Zachariah in San Fransisco. He thought it would be between one and two years, depending on when in the RRC review cycle the app was complete, before approval. That would mean accepting applications in two to three years, assuming everything goes smoothly and quickly.

Take care,
Jeff

Andy Kahn said:
After doing med school at UTMB, it's cool to see them advertise for an EM Program Director in the latest (Nov/Dec) SAEM Newsletter. Are they taking applicants for this upcoming year or the next? What other new programs are either taking applicants for this cycle or the upcoming ones?
-andy
While it was fun while it lasted, it would taken a lot of money to get me to stay in Galveston for residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
EM is going to go the way of family medicine if we keep this up.

Sessamoid said:
While it was fun while it lasted, it would taken a lot of money to get me to stay in Galveston for residency.

Ah, come on now! Don't you miss the swarms of mosquitos and the hot humid weather? I'll be happy to box it up and send it to you (assuming I have enough blood left after the attack this morning).

Take care,
Jeff

Jeff698 said:
Ah, come on now! Don't you miss the swarms of mosquitos and the hot humid weather? I'll be happy to box it up and send it to you (assuming I have enough blood left after the attack this morning).

Take care,
Jeff
Yeah, I missed the mosquitoes and humidity so much I moved to Florida after residency. I finally saw the light, though. I haven't seen a mosquito in months!