• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

New Employment Position & Employment Description with regards to AMCAS Work/Activities Section - Please Help!

ChasingZebras

2+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2017
Hey there! I was hoping someone could offer some insight, especially adcoms @Goro , @LizzyM , @gyngyn

I was planning on submitting my AMCAS primary today, however, I'm starting a new job on June 15th. I'll be a COVID screener/"Entrance Control Officer" at my university hospital on a temporary contract, working full-time until Dec 31st. I've already included this in my AMCAS primary, and listed that I'll be starting on the 15th. My question is, should I wait until I actually start the job to submit the primary? Or is submitting now fine? I already have a good understanding of what I will be doing.

My second question is, would this fall under clinical or non-clinical employment? Following the rule of thumb, I will be "close enough to smell patients" at certain times but not all the time. Any advice?

Furthermore, I am a little lacking in the Leadership - category department on my application (only have 1 position so far), and I was debating on listing one of my past employments as a Personal Trainer under Leadership as opposed to just non-clinical employment. I believe this particular job fits the criteria for Leadership at least on some level, though I am unsure as to how ADCOMS would view this? I don't want it to come off as disingenuous.

Any and all help is much appreciated, thank you so much!

Upvote 0
About the Ads
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
  1. Attending Physician
I am a little lacking in the Leadership - category department on my application (only have 1 position so far), and I was debating on listing one of my past employments as a Personal Trainer under Leadership as opposed to just non-clinical employment. I believe this particular job fits the criteria for Leadership at least on some level, though I am unsure as to how ADCOMS would view this? I don't want it to come off as disingenuous.
If you were in charge of other Personal Trainers then it was leadership. If you were solely a Personal Trainer of clients, it is either Employment-Not Medical/Clinical or Teaching.

Upvote 0

ChasingZebras

2+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2017
You can include it but be completely transparent as you actually havent done anything yet
"Starting a new position on DATE with PROJECTED HOURS of. Duties are EXPECTED to be....
Thank you! Would you suggest I classify it as clinical or non-clinical employment? As mentioned above, I deal with patients - although, not exclusively.

If you were in charge of other Personal Trainers then it was leadership. If you were solely a Personal Trainer of clients, it is either Employment-Not Medical/Clinical or Teaching.
Makes sense, thank you for the clarification!

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.