New facebook group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this is the best facebook group created in the last months:

Back when I was your age, we wrote the MCAT with paper and pencil

Back in my day we didn't have these fancy "climate controlled conditions" or "sound reducing headphones" or "computer based tests."

We wrote on sheets of paper with these wooden sticks with a carbon material in the middle of them. You may call it nonsense, but we called it a pencil, damn it. And we liked it. We loved it! We toiled away for seven god damn hours too. Not the ***** test you'll write.

Please join and let those newbies know that they will never know what it's like to take a REAL MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Haha...that's AWESOME :thumbup:
Pretty much sums up everything, I remember shivering in my exam room, even though I had a sweater on I was still cold. Not to mention the random noises. But you know....I liked it, it made me feel hardcore..haha.

Back in my day we didn't have these fancy "climate controlled conditions" or "sound reducing headphones" or "computer based tests."

We wrote on sheets of paper with these wooden sticks with a carbon material in the middle of them. You may call it nonsense, but we called it a pencil, damn it. And we liked it. We loved it! We toiled away for seven god damn hours too. Not the ***** test you'll write.

Please join and let those newbies know that they will never know what it's like to take a REAL MCAT.
I'm in a similar group if this one was just created.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, that's hilarious. Every time I'm on the MCAT forum, I feel like saying those exact words. It makes me feel old.

You mean type. :mad: :thumbdown:thumbdown

i took it last August and i had fancy schmancy headphones and old monitors which refresh slower than you can blink.

btw, also note that the new MCAT only takes ONE MONTH to grade.

:laugh: I saw that you joined that! You're just trying to be like me :smuggrin: ;)

i took it last August and i had fancy schmancy headphones and old monitors which refresh slower than you can blink.

btw, also note that the new MCAT only takes ONE MONTH to grade.

Are you attempting to tease us old folks who took the real mcat??
If so, it worked lol...:)

what if i took both versions?

Ah, the good ol' days... carpal tunnel from so damn much bubbling, a weedeater going off right outside my window as the PS portion started, and 8 hours of mind-numbing fun. The kids today don't even know what hard work is. Reminiscing is fun. :)

Oops, double post. Guess I'm just not used to these new fangled machines the kids are usin' nowadays to take their MCATS.

Are you attempting to tease us old folks who took the real mcat??
If so, it worked lol...:)

well i took the old style test with 60 verbal questions and 2 essays, but it was cbt.