New Florida (Tampa) EM residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got this e-mail today:

Dear Dr. RustedFox... we're looking for:

Emergency Medicine Program Director – Florida
Greater Tampa Bay Area!
  • Full time & Permanent with the anticipated start of the program being July 2016
  • Lead a Hospital in the development and implementation of a new EM Residency Program
  • Need an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a multi-site program from the ground up
  • Hospital has 100% board certified emergency nurses
  • Must be BC in Emergency Medicine, minimum of 3 years as a core faculty member, Associate Program Director, or Program Director in an ACGME-accredited Emergency Medicine residency program and graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
For more information, please send me a confidential copy of your CV and I will connect you with my client. If you are looking in a different state/region, please let me know and I can send you openings in your preferred location or visit our website for more openings.

I e-mailed the recruiter back, and she said its at Oak Hill hospital.

Does anyone know anything about this ?

Members don't see this ad.

I got this e-mail today:

Dear Dr. RustedFox... we're looking for:

Emergency Medicine Program Director – Florida
Greater Tampa Bay Area!
  • Full time & Permanent with the anticipated start of the program being July 2016
  • Lead a Hospital in the development and implementation of a new EM Residency Program
  • Need an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a multi-site program from the ground up
  • Hospital has 100% board certified emergency nurses
  • Must be BC in Emergency Medicine, minimum of 3 years as a core faculty member, Associate Program Director, or Program Director in an ACGME-accredited Emergency Medicine residency program and graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
For more information, please send me a confidential copy of your CV and I will connect you with my client. If you are looking in a different state/region, please let me know and I can send you openings in your preferred location or visit our website for more openings.

I e-mailed the recruiter back, and she said its at Oak Hill hospital.

Does anyone know anything about this ?

It's a ruse because you sent her your regular CV and not your confidential one.
Seriously, this job posting looks like the original copy was written in crayon.

Curious. The have an IM residency, but I haven't heard anything about EM. The "anticipated start" probably means 2020, or "someday." I'd believe it when I see it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also this is in brooksville which is 50 minutes from tampa without traffic, which can get terrible in tampa.