1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

New Forum Idea

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by relatively prime, Jul 17, 2002.

1. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

I think there should be a separate forum for the high school students of SDN. I don't think the "pre-allopathic" is the most helpfull place for their questions.... many of their questions are better answered by HS advisors or other HS students.

I think they would benifit from having a place where they can discuss things concerning them with students in their same position.

It's just an idea. It just seems like there are more and more HS students coming in everyday... and I think they would greatly benefit from having their own forum.

Take care :)

And to all you HS-ers out there... I hope college admissions is treating you well! good luck on the SAT :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member

I think the high school students benefit from asking college pre-meds about medicine. Many of these students don't know much about it and if they have their own forum, who is going to go in there and answer their questions? I think they mostly just want to know what to start doing when they get to college or what medicine is all about. I don't think it hurts anything, unless it is really annoying you guys. ;)

4. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

I guess I was thinking of fresh and soph and junior HS students that are 4-6 years away from applying to med school... HS seniors are practically in college so yeah, you're right, we would be more helpful in answering their questions.

I don't know... I guess the "top choices of HS students" thread got me thinking...

5. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

I don't think we should encourage high school students from posting here. They are annoying!

Just my opinion.