New Forum Style Sucks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because new software doesn't always work with older coding. So it has to be compatible.
And the forum software has to update. It just does.

If you quit over the color here, what do you use to control all of the other websites you look at?

Vote with our feet. Digg changed their format so it became ****ty so I left for reddit. Now digg is a wasteland that no one visits. If you care so little about your members that you will stomp your feet and demand that we like your **** design, I have no problem doing it again.

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, I don't control any of this. You have serious misunderstandings of what moderators are.
And this isn't Microsoft either with scads of employees. The message is there, but it's not something instantaneous that can be fixed on the fly. It's not like there are people out there intentionally trying to mess with members of the forum.

We brought up the concern that we didn't like the old format disappearing, the concern was addressed, and it is back now. I'm satisfied.

That said, the argument that we can't be upset is also bunk. I have the right to be upset at anything I want, and I also have the right to quit any website I want for any arbitrary reason.

SDN owes me nothing and I owe it nothing at this point. (I am fairly positive the help I've given people over the years more than pays back the advice I've received)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I don't control any of this. You have serious misunderstandings of what moderators are.
And this isn't Microsoft either with scads of employees. The message is there, but it's not something instantaneous that can be fixed on the fly. It's not like there are people out there intentionally trying to mess with members of the forum.

You can't as a mod. This is mainly directed at the admins.

My point wasn't to make people feel like they didn't have a voice. It was to try and interject that there's a reason for everything. A single day is a short time frame to change something as complicated as forum software, even if it's "only html".
The forum depends on you guys, and we don't want to lose the long term members (or the short term members who become future long term members). It wasn't a slight, it was simply commentary.

@Lee @Winged Scapula @GoSpursGo (I can't find a list of forum leaders, to see any other administrators.)
Take a look at this thread. It's a little eye opening. I, myself, did not consider quitting SDN for the visuals, but, as listed above, it's a good thing the old style was able to be reinstated.

Sorry that I did not see this thread earlier. I had posted in the suggestions/feedback forum that the template would be temporarily removed to clear caches for people having issues after the April Fools joke. That’s why it disappeared for 48 hours.

I can’t see how many people are using a template, so it was a surprise to me that we have so many members that enjoy the old school one. I’ll make sure to post a site wide announcement for any future template updates!

Sorry y’all! :(

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry that I did not see this thread earlier. I had posted in the suggestions/feedback forum that the template would be temporarily removed to clear caches for people having issues after the April Fools joke. That’s why it disappeared for 48 hours.

I can’t see how many people are using a template, so it was a surprise to me that we have so many members that enjoy the old school one. I’ll make sure to post a site wide announcement for any future template updates!

Lee, you should consider making the old template the default.

Makes sense. I didn't see that announcement.

I'm surprised it doesn't show you statistics regarding what proportion of folks are using which template. It's a per account setting (not one just stored in cookies), so the database must keep track of that information.