New forum suggestion - please vote

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should a nontraditionals forum be added to the pharmacy forums?

• Yes, I am a nontraditional student am in favor of an addition

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • No, I am a nontraditional student and am not in favor of an addition

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Yes, I am a traditional student and am in favor of an addition

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • No, I am a traditional student and am not in favor of an addition

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
ok i would just like to hear the argument for this....

i mean i understand family issues etc... but that really doesn't belong in the pharmacy area anyway.....

there are many many many traditional students with families (who are under 25) who also have jobs etc...

For those who are considering voting, please be advised that this would be a place for both current and prospective students to talk about special issues that pertain to being nontraditional, such as entering school with kids already in the family, approaching adcoms as a career changer, and balancing home and family life. The integrated approach, as opposed to pre-pharm only would be beneficial because it creates an integrated support network.

I guess I shouldn't really say 25+ is nontraditional. It's more people who are going back to school after having taken time for kids or another career, etc. I'm going to edit the prompt.

Members don't see this ad :)
I voted no. As a seriously non-traditional student, I do not have time to check another forum. Plus I am really old, I tend to forget to look at the other forums. :oops:

jemc2000 said:
I voted no. As a seriously non-traditional student, I do not have time to check another forum. Plus I am really old, I tend to forget to look at the other forums. :oops:

I agree with you, but at the same time it couldn't hurt. I voted yes. I work full-time, but check the site on my breaks (or when my boss isn't over my shoulder). I'm kind of interested in what people have to say about changing careers and how their experience helped their admission potential. Also, it might help attract other folks that wouldn't normally post because they feel older than the "traditional" pre-pharm students. I'm 28 and re-applying, so I guess I'm "non-traditional". I know the pre-meds have a re-applicant forum. Maybe this forum could include re-applicants as well. Just a thought........

No, I actually find it interesting and occassionally helpful to see what non traditional sudents post. Anyway's I think the definition of a traditional "pre-pharmacy" student is rapidly changing with increasingly competitive admisssion standards.

I could see a SDN career changing forum, maybe in tandem with the spouses forum, but I can not see one specifically for Pharmacy. Personally I won't post most of my... more reserved (intimate) questions, I seek the answers from people I know to be in a similar boat. I feel that the answers I get are generally better, then to post openly and that get all sorts of feedback (or none at all because of it's public nature).