New GRE Format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BSWdavid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if everyone is aware, but the ETS is changing the GRE format. There will no longer be analogy questions, and a calculator will now be permitted. There are some other change as well, but those were the two main ones that stuck out for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Calculator?!

when does this new format come into effect? I took a GRE August 30th and it was the "old" format

Members don't see this ad :)
When I took my GRE, the third section was a practice quant section, and it was one of the new versions with a calculator. Honestly, the calculator sucked! It was just an on-screen thing, and completely NOT user friendly! Just thinking about the time that would be eaten up by entering numbers into the calculator would stress me out... ugh. Although, I suppose they could change the time limit for the quant section. In that case, maybe it wouldn't be so bad?

i put too much stock in this. they've been saying that they were going to update the gre since i took it the first time and i was prepping for it... that was about 4-5 years ago? they say that it's going to happen allllll the time and they still haven't changed it

i put too much stock in this. they've been saying that they were going to update the gre since i took it the first time and i was prepping for it... that was about 4-5 years ago? they say that it's going to happen allllll the time and they still haven't changed it

Actually, I think they're all set to go on this one.