New Hopkins MD/PhD Website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JHopRevisit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Some of the students in the program put up a new Hopkins MD/PhD website. http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/mdphd/index.html

Please let us know what you think, we'd appreciate feedback, even (especially) critical feedback. I'd really like to hear from upcoming applicants: is it informative? Does it have everything you need? We tried to gear it towards you, with info about Baltimore, our program, our graduates, and little things about the app process applicants always ask about (how many secondaries, mean GPA, etc.).

Thanks a bunch

Members don't see this ad.

Nicely done. All the information I wanted was easy to find and properly classified. Navigating the site was not a problem, and the FAQ section had good questions and answers.

Job well done.

definitely one of the better MSTP websites I've seen. For some schools, it looks like they put minimal effort into their websites. Hopefully that doesn't reflect on the effort they put into the actual program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, that's good to hear.

The quality of the website is not at all an indication of how good the program is. I'm sure some programs aren't very centralized and that's reflected on-line, but you can't really make that judgment just from the site. I'm also sure there's a lot of great programs that just haven't gotten around to putting together a great site yet, it's a hassle to get all the relevant information together.

probably not, but when a good program can't even get it together to make a decent website (especially since every applicant will invariably need to use it at one point or another) it kind of makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes, and things the applicant might not see.

Sort of like going into a restaurant bathroom, it being really dirty and gross, and wondering what the kitchen must be like. It's not necessarily indicative of a dirty kitchen, but if they aren't going to bother to keep their public face clean, how can you be sure that the places they don't show you aren't even worse?

lol, i can't believe this is becoming a discussion haha

heh... its either this or study for MCATs.

For me, it was either play Maplestory for study for the mcat o_O

Maplestory won...

well it seemed to have worked for you... maybe I should get back into runescape.

This website is really good. Unfortunately, most of the admissions information for MD/PhD is referred to the medical site (it would be nice if the link is more obvious as well), which sucks. If you could ask them to put up a FAQ, that would be great. I really like your academics section. I found the admissions section slightly annoying because of all the scrolling; more parsing by links would be nice.

Man, now I wish we had a new website too :(

(Good Hopkins website by the way! Looks really sexy ;) )

This website is really good. Unfortunately, most of the admissions information for MD/PhD is referred to the medical site (it would be nice if the link is more obvious as well), which sucks. If you could ask them to put up a FAQ, that would be great. I really like your academics section. I found the admissions section slightly annoying because of all the scrolling; more parsing by links would be nice.

Are you asking if there's an MD/PhD specific FAQ? If so, there is. It's under the "FAQ" link, which is under the admissions tab (http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/mdphd/admissions/FAQ.html). I think its quite detailed. There's a few other pages under admissions you might want to check out. What links refer to the MD-only page? I only see campus map, directions to campus, and more information for minority applicants.

I'll see what I can do about the scrolling, you're right, site is not designed to handle a lot of text and that section is chock full of words, so we need to find a way to display it without killing the whole design.

seraph524 said:
Man, now I wish we had a new website too :(

(Good Hopkins website by the way! Looks really sexy ;) )

Thanks, that's makes us feel good, we put a lot of effort into it.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Some of the students in the program put up a new Hopkins MD/PhD website. http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/mdphd/index.html

Please let us know what you think, we'd appreciate feedback, even (especially) critical feedback. I'd really like to hear from upcoming applicants: is it informative? Does it have everything you need? We tried to gear it towards you, with info about Baltimore, our program, our graduates, and little things about the app process applicants always ask about (how many secondaries, mean GPA, etc.).

Thanks a bunch
Overall it looks good. :thumbup: You're missing the link for campus safety in your FAQs though. (The question about campus safety says that more info about campus safety and Baltimore is available here, but there's no link to follow.)

Overall it looks good. :thumbup: You're missing the link for campus safety in your FAQs though. (The question about campus safety says that more info about campus safety and Baltimore is available here, but there's no link to follow.)

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed.