New Housing at DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stasch@DMU

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will starting at DMU in August and was wondering if anyone knows of any good cheap places to live. I have called most apartments down there, 3000 Grand, Imperial, etc, but if anyone has any info on additional housing please let me know. Also, if a person is looking for a roommate, let me know as well. Thanks
Stasch

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Stasch

I will be attending DMU in the fall as well! Congrats on your acceptance. I am headed to Des Moines in a week to check out apartments,etc. I will email you my thoughts on all of the apartment complexes that I visit. I would be interested in exchanging email with you before August. My email address is [email protected]. Later.

vmac

I will also be attending this fall. I went to look at some places down there last summer and found that you can get affordable housing and nice apartments about 10 minutes from campus in West Des Moines as well as the apartments that are right next to campus. I liked the apartments in WDM more - thought they were a little nicer, but it mainly depends on how close you really need to be to the school. I'll be going back to check out some more places in a few weeks and can let you know a little more information then. See you in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your replies everyone. I plan on going back to Des Moines on March 31 - April 2 to visit a friend of mine there (she is currently a first year student) and to check out apartments as well. From what I have been told you can find a nice one bedroom apartment near campus for around $500-$550 per month. Studios are anywhere from $300-$500. I guess I will have to see what comes up. Oh, my e-mail is [email protected] if anyone would like to keep in touch. I am always up for chatting about the upcoming school year...it is nice to know that there are people out there who have the same concerns and questions as I do.

Congrats vmac and adrian on getting accepted! Keep in touch and see you in August.
One more thing - Adrian are you near Stuartville MN???
Later,

Stasch

Oh, one more thing, have either of you recieved any additional info from Des Moines? I heard that they send out a packet on roommate searching, your physical, orientation, etc. I already got SOME info when I was accepted back in October, but, I was just wondering if I missed something in the mail

Stasch

Congratulations to all of you! I also will be starting at DMU this fall. I toured the city a little bit when I went for my interview and was most impressed by West Des Moines. I will be returning in May to secure a place. Anyone know of a nice complex with furnished units? I'd rather not have to buy or bring too much and then have to deal with it when I leave in two years. By the way, anyone from Indiana attending DMU?

Mike - DMU-DO 2004

Stasch- yep, Stuartville is about 10 miles south of Rochester here. Pretty small place, although Rochester is no major metropolis either.

Haven't gotten much in the mail lately. Financial Aid packet a little bit ago but that's about it.