• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

mississippi DO

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
the dirty south
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
To anyone who may know,

I just got word I got the Navy HPSP schollie, but need to take out additional loan money since I have a family b/c that 1279 doesn't support 3 people. My question to anyone who knows is whether or not it's possible to take out a loan (like $60,000), and not have to make payments on it until after I graduate med school. Thanks.

Homunculus

SDN Caveman Administrator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2000
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
yes, but with the caveat that some schools use the HPSP and stipend when calculating your max loan allowance for staffords. my school was cool, and i could take out quite a bit. others are more strict. depends on the school.

--your friendly neighborhood financier caveman

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.