New Jersey -UMDNJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dridpda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone recieved an acceptance or rejection from UMDNJ ?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone recieved an acceptance or rejection from UMDNJ ?

hi
my interview was on 28th Oct. no news frm school from then.....i have been tryin to contact admisisons office...but no one is picking the phone or replyin to my email......heard they contacted accepted candidates this week.....but I didnt get any call or email....so its been frustratin yr 2008 and worst month of the yr -Nov.....all accepted/wait listed//rejected plz post ur comments....all the best...
incision.....

Does any one know whether UMDNJ will interview more people? Their deadline is supposed to be December 1st, right? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any one know whether UMDNJ will interview more people? Their deadline is supposed to be December 1st, right? Thanks.

Ya.........they have the last interview round on the 11th of Dec

Hi Indigal, so you have received their interview invitation? I didn't :(

Hi,

I got acceptance from UMDNJ a week ago. I was interviewed on 28th OCT. Finally, I am happy to be in my dream school. :banana::banana::banana:

Hi,

I got acceptance from UMDNJ a week ago. I was interviewed on 28th OCT. Finally, I am happy to be in my dream school. :banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations!!

Do you know how many seats have been taken? Could you share your scores? Thanks!

I was interviewd on 28th Oct and I am also wait listed....

Hey indigal and incision, good luck to you!

I wonder if you two could share more about your interview experience? Many thanks!

For those of you interviewed, how many days before the interview date did you get their invitation? Thank you for sharing.

hi despdent
congrats !

cd you please share your stats please?

and cd you please tell us how did u practise for the bench tests?
how did you find the exam?

thanks
dr starcool

Hi,

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys do you know what is the cost of attendance for jersey

Hey indigal and incision, good luck to you!

I wonder if you two could share more about your interview experience? Many thanks!

The selection is strictly based on how you perform in the bench test. The interview rounds were informal and we were asked general questions.
For the bench test, there was an anterior crown with temporary, surveying of cast and two MODs on maxillary molars with one cutting and other filling.

Hi,

Congrats despdent on your acceptance......
Can you pl share your stats.

Hi,:banana: congrats despdent , did you apply to any other school

I got acceptance from UMDNJ a week ago. I was interviewed on 28th OCT. Finally, I am happy to be in my dream school. :banana::banana::banana:[/quote]

Thanks. I got accepted in 2 other california schools, although I did apply to many schools all over. Anyways, not bothered abt them anymore.

Last edited:
They have around 20 seats this yr and I'm not sure how many have been taken. They have another set of interviews this 11th. not sure, if this is gonna be the last one.

hi, despdent did you apply to bu? did you get interview?
They have around 20 seats this yr and I'm not sure how many have been taken. They have another set of interviews this 11th. not sure, if this is gonna be the last one.

I wanted to wait before i apply to NYU, BU and TUFTS, coz I had others in hand. After I heard my 1st acceptance I di'nt even think abt them. Wats ur status? did u hear frm any school.

I wanted to wait before i apply to NYU, BU and TUFTS, coz I had others in hand. After I heard my 1st acceptance I di'nt even think abt them. Wats ur status? did u hear frm any school.

HI despdent...congrats on ur acceptance.....u said u got accepted in 2 other schools in california......which schools were they? i am waitlisted at uop, usc and umdnj? but i think i dnt have any chance at usc and umdnj as comp is high even fr waitlist and hardly have people denied acceptance from these schools this yr....

hi is anyone denying acceptance at umdnj this yr?

I got acceptance from umdnj during ist week of dec. Does any body know about $23000 fee for preclinical course ? DO I have to pay from my pocket or it is through loan?

congratulations .did you got acceptance any where else.did you get interview any where else
I got acceptance from umdnj during ist week of dec. Does any body know about $23000 fee for preclinical course ? DO I have to pay from my pocket or it is through loan?

hey has any1 recently heard frm UMDNJ..............was 11dec their last day 4 interviews?

hi

i had applied to umdnj. but i haven't received anything from the school till today. so if anyone is in the same situation, pls let me know if they know anything about umdnj?
also if the 11th dec. batch was the last one for the interview or still they r sending invitations?
pls reply.

hi

i had applied to umdnj. but i haven't received anything from the school till today. so if anyone is in the same situation, pls let me know if they know anything about umdnj?
also if the 11th dec. batch was the last one for the interview or still they r sending invitations?
pls reply.

i'm in the same situation!! i donno what 2 do
i keep calling them but no one responds not even to email!!
250 dolars down the drain!!!:mad:

i'm in the same situation!! i donno what 2 do
i keep calling them but no one responds not even to email!!
250 dolars down the drain!!!:mad:

I sent e-mail about status on 01/08/2009 and on 01/13/2009 got really informative replay :mad:
"All applicants have been reviewed and you should of received your status in the mail."

Haven't seen any mail yet. I applied late, so looks like 250 dollars went down the drain :(

Last edited:
hi kalvydas, pdoll and cristine

dec 11th was the last batch. they wont conduct any further interviews. they have already sent acceptances to all the 20 odd positions available this year. i have been waitlisted at umdnj. i got an email recently stating that all the positions were filled and they willl let me know of any changes in my status if anyone declines an acceptance.

umdnj is one of the worst school which doesnt cater to the needs of the applicants. they arent student friendly (atleast say 'hi' when someone calls) when we are payin so much money for the application. its really disappointin. its really pathetic that they wont even lift any phone calls and dont even reply to emails quickly.

hope this helps.
all the best.

Hi all..
I also have applied to UMDNJ,in early november. and got an e-mail saying that they received my application.I did call them couple of times in december asking about the status.they said they have interviews still going on and my application is under review.(I called around Dec 20th and they said that).She also said that before the Christmas holidays I should hear something regarding my application status.I am done with holidays, but never received any sort of communication from them. I have been calling them like anything in Jan and nobody answered the phone.Finally,I got to speak to someone last week at Admissions office.She said that all the seats have been filled up for this year.When I told her that I never received anything from UMDNJ regarding my status, she then checked it and said that my application is under HOLD !!! Can you believe it????After all the interviews are done my application is still under hold..
Bottomline is that my application is rejected but atleast they could have said it straight forward.
Being in NJ and volunteering at UMDNJ for 6 months did not give me any advantage in application process at UMDNJ.Like most of you,I am also very very disappointed with the admissions office.
Good luck to everyone with the admission process.

Last edited:
umdnj is one of the worst school which doesnt cater to the needs of the applicants. they arent student friendly (atleast say 'hi' when someone calls) when we are payin so much money for the application. its really disappointin. its really pathetic that they wont even lift any phone calls and dont even reply to emails quickly.

hope this helps.
all the best.[/quote]

I agree with you. I just lost 250 bucks. I applied in nov.My application got completed by nov 15 th. no response after that.

yes, a good friend of mine already denied acceptance from umdnj. will be going to california instead. so that means, there is one slot available for waitlisted people.

hi thecolorpurple

did ur frnd send/confirm the denial letter to the admissions office. if so whn did he send it. im tired of umdnj. i have decided to join in california.
all the best for those wait listed and waitin patiently.

yes, a good friend of mine already denied acceptance from umdnj. will be going to california instead. so that means, there is one slot available for waitlisted people.

Hi all..
I also have applied to UMDNJ,in early november. and got an e-mail saying that they received my application.I did call them couple of times in december asking about the status.they said they have interviews still going on and my application is under review.(I called around Dec 20th and they said that).She also said that before the Christmas holidays I should hear something regarding my application status.I am done with holidays, but never received any sort of communication from them. I have been calling them like anything in Jan and nobody answered the phone.Finally,I got to speak to someone last week at Admissions office.She said that all the seats have been filled up for this year.When I told her that I never received anything from UMDNJ regarding my status, she then checked it and said that my application is under HOLD !!! Can you believe it????After all the interviews are done my application is still under hold..
Bottomline is that my application is rejected but atleast they could have said it straight forward.
Being in NJ and volunteering at UMDNJ for 6 months did not give me any advantage in application process at UMDNJ.Like most of you,I am also very very disappointed with the admissions office.
Good luck to everyone with the admission process.

Hi B'LORE,

I had the same experience with umdnj.I applied in first week of july and when i called during october they told ur application in under review. Next week i received nothing so called again then she told ur name is written on board so u will receive something in mail. Next day i received Rejection letter. Also i noticed who so ever took bench preparatory course ($5000) were given interview call no matter what there score was. May be I might be wrong but figuring out from what i read on sdn.
Can u please share ur score.
whatever God does is for good, he has better idea for us.

GOOD LUCK

I just got a waitlist notice on AADSAS from UMDNJ but I haven't done an interview, I thought u had to do an interview to get waitlisted...? any insight is greatly appreciated =)

Last edited:
I am surprised how u guys here are posting w/o even know what u re talking about ,no offense to anybody ,but its clear stated in the website that they will contact selected applicants for interviews they dont mention anything about no selected applicants status .EXPENSIVE ????????????????? if u got an interview call u re paying just 250 bucks for interview and bench exam ,they will provide everything for ur bench eam u dont have to even bother bringing a single bur,so i am sorry guys but u dont know what u re talking about ,expesive NOVA that u pay 2500 bucks for ur bench exam and u may be not accepted ,even I did florida bench exam u pay for ur applicatin some bucks then 300 the bench exam and on top of that if u wanna use their handpieces and staff u have to pay extra hundred dollars.I have been in ur position is fustrating dont discourage ,move on and dont loss hope u may still get a call if u re waitlisted.but new jersey dental school is a great school lot of hands on school that maybe u re not gonna get nowhere else ,experieced faculty etc ,good luck to everybody take care.

I am surprised how u guys here are posting w/o even know what u re talking about ,no offense to anybody ,but its clear stated in the website that they will contact selected applicants for interviews they dont mention anything about no selected applicants status .EXPENSIVE ????????????????? if u got an interview call u re paying just 250 bucks for interview and bench exam ,they will provide everything for ur bench eam u dont have to even bother bringing a single bur,so i am sorry guys but u dont know what u re talking about ,expesive NOVA that u pay 2500 bucks for ur bench exam and u may be not accepted ,even I did florida bench exam u pay for ur applicatin some bucks then 300 the bench exam and on top of that if u wanna use their handpieces and staff u have to pay extra hundred dollars.I have been in ur position is fustrating dont discourage ,move on and dont loss hope u may still get a call if u re waitlisted.but new jersey dental school is a great school lot of hands on school that maybe u re not gonna get nowhere else ,experieced faculty etc ,good luck to everybody take care.

I am wait listed in UMDNJ. However, I do not get any response from school. Also I got to know this information after calling several times to school. I got admission from other two schools. So I forgot about UMDNJ.

I agree what you are saying. But the problem is they are taking money from all applicants for bench exam rather than some extra fees from applicants who are called for interview / bench exam. In other words, they can discount the application fees and take extra fees from the applications who are called for bench exam. That will give fairness to everyone.

Also the thread is angry about not getting response from staff. No wonder...staff is horrible.