New Kaplan full length scale

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by FutureD.O, Aug 7, 2015.

1. FutureD.O

FutureD.O OU-HCOM OMS-II
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Has anyone else taken a full length from Kaplan since the updated score scale? I'm not sure how to interpret my Kaplan score from today (496).

My diagnostic was a 491, fl1 492, and after the supposed scale change I scored a 496 (granted I just finished my content).

I don't know what to attribute this to and won't know until I take more fls. Has anyone else taken any full lengths since the scale has improved and would like to shed some light?

2. PooshBag

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I took a full length before the change, 500, and now its a 503. A full length i took earlier went from 496 to 497 also. Small changes.

3. ss4je

My 502 went to a 504, and I just took one and scored 505. My diagnostic and first FL didn't change though

PooshBag likes this.
  4. FutureD.O

FutureD.O OU-HCOM OMS-II
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I should've probably mentioned that the 496 was my fl2 score. I haven't seen any changes in my fl1 and diagnostic scores since the change. Hopefully Kaplan didn't over estimate their scale adjustment. I'd rather have a harsher scale than a hopeful and misleading scale.

systoleasystole likes this.
  5. PooshBag

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's what i was worried about! But it seems the changes have been 1 or 2 points. So, still up there.

6. FutureD.O

FutureD.O OU-HCOM OMS-II
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hopefully our actual scores will follow the trend of other people's and be higher than our Kaplan fls. Have you also noticed the scales between full lengths is different too? A 40ish% in one section on a particular fl will give you a 122 and on another a 124.

PooshBag likes this.
  7. PooshBag

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes i have! Kaplan has made their own scoring system. They have their own scales for each of their full lengths, i think. I hope they're not too bad. Following other's trends, it appears, Kaplan's FL's are very much more difficult than the actual exam, as i've been told and seen people getting 500-506's getting 518s and such on the real thing.

dushash likes this.
  8. FutureD.O

FutureD.O OU-HCOM OMS-II
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ok thank God it's not just me lol. Let's just hope the Kaplan full lengths are still significantly harder/scaled than the real mcat. Those discrepancies were worrying me because I've entered my last 30ish days of studying. I am now looking to hammer exams and build endurance!

9. PooshBag

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    me too! My exam is 9/12, and i'm nowhere near my goals. Hopefully the discrepancy in difficulty holds up, and we perform well!

10. FutureD.O

FutureD.O OU-HCOM OMS-II
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Same exam date here as well haha. Best of luck to you man! Just keep grinding!

PooshBag likes this.
  11. YungGeezy

Medical Student (Accepted)
    my last score went from a 504 to a 508. and then I took the aamc practice exam and found it wayyy easier than kaplan but they don't give you a composite score, only percentages

12. PooshBag

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    are the percentages raw correct/raw incorrect, or percentages used for making a score?

13. YungGeezy

Medical Student (Accepted)
    i think raw and they use those to compare them to others to give you the final score like 125 or whatever