New KCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there! This is OMD and I just wanted to congratulate all of you who have accepted to KCOM and bid you welcome to Kirksville! For anyone coming from a metropolitan area, this place will an adjustment; but by and large a positive experience.

Please, all of you who will be coming here, make a post telling who you are, where you hail from and where you did your Ugrad work.

Again, welcome and congratulations!!!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

[This message has been edited by OldManDave (edited 02-05-2000).]

Members don't see this ad.

Just found out this morning via telephone that I was accepted to KCOM(first choice). I'm from Casper, Wyoming and did my undergraduate work at the University of Wyoming in Laramie. I'm excited to now be a part of the long history of KCOM students.

OMD,

Unfortunately, I chose to withdraw my app from KCOM. I just didn't think the city was for me. However, please tell the people at the admissions office that they're doing a great job! I was very impressed with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to KCOM back in November and I am very excited about attending. I'm from Jackson, TN and graduated from Union University.

hey omd i just got my acceptance to kcom today and will most likely attend in the fall.

i've been a PT for 2 yrs. grad from Daemen College in NY. currently living in OK.

Congratulations and welcome WYDO,Snickers and PT.DO...Darly, I fully understand your disposition on K'Ville and wish you the best wherever you do chose to go.

It is nice to see such a potentially broad mixture in the incoming class. Unfortunately, the South is grossly under-represented both as students and alumni...I am a native Arkansan [NO...I did NOT vote for him or her!]; but have lived in Dallas for the last several years.

I, and the rest of the student body, are looking forward to your arrival. Be certain to check out KCOMstudents.org. It a web-site owned and run by one of our MS-3s...even though it is relatively low traffic [it's pretty new], you can ask questions directly from the students themselves. It's the best way to get the straight poop! Definitely take advantage of the site before you come up here to secure housing. Plus, if you are interested in living in the KCOM student housing, e-mail me...I may be able to put you in touch with folks that can tell you what's not in the brochure.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

I have been accepted and will probibly attend KCOM this fall. KCOM is almost definately my first choice, but I will be interviewing at UNECOM this month, which as of now is also one of my top choices for schools. So I will need to go there to compare the two schools.
As I am leaning toward KCOM and moving out to Missouri (I am from Mass. and living in Vermont this year), I would definately appriciate any help/advice in my search for housing. OMD- I will probibly take you up on your offer and contact you once my decision is made.
Julie

------------------

I have a question for those who are going to KCOM. Is it true that KCOM provides some scholarships to their students, so students don't have to loan out much? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

JulieAnne,

Certainly...just e-mail me. By the way, a classmate of mine is curious is you graduated from or attend Middlebury College?

TQL,

Yes, KCOM has scholarships; but the majority of them are directed at MS-2s and above...which is typical for most schools. Whatever the case, KCOM financial aid folks are great and generally will find and send app stuff for anything they are aware of of that you may qualify for. However, check with your state's osteopathic association to see if they can direct you to other money resources.

------------------
Old Man Dave
KCOM, Class of 2003

hey dave...I'm from the chicago area and Oberlin college...if you know Mike..we went to school together

Hmmmm, I do know we have several people fro the Chicago area and I KNOW I have seen someone waltzing around with an Oberline College sweatshirt. What is Mike's last name? To be honest, I'm really crappy with names; but never forget a face...

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Mike is a first year Filipino guy....I'm sure you've seen him around...I found out he went there when I ran into him on my interview day

Yeah, I know him. Very nice person...he studies with one of my dissection partners.

------------------
Old Man Dave
KCOM, Class of 2003