SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

New kid confused about Radiography.

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by NoSmokingBandit, May 27, 2008.

1. NoSmokingBandit

May 27, 2008
    Im planning what i want to do for the rest of my life and my friend pointed me to the school she graduated from for Radiography. Its a small school owned by a local hospital. They offer a 2-year Radiography course resulting in an AAS degree. Does anyone know if this is a path i should seriously consider, or is an Associate's not enough to make it anywhere?
    The school is the Lancaster General College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Im new to the whole medical side of things, but i have always had high Science and English grades, I've just never considered using that in a medical field.
    Thanks for your time :D
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. colbgw02

colbgw02 Delightfully Tacky 10+ Year Member

This forum is principally populated by radiologists and perspective radiologists. Although I'm sure we could offer you some sage advice about radiography, I believe that has a dedicated forum for your topic. I suggest you post your question there.
  4. Amxcvbcv

Amxcvbcv Radiologist Physician 7+ Year Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Final approach
    Shoot X-rays for $50000/year (I'm guessing... don't know salary for sure) or read films for $400000/year (avg salary I've seen just cruising the net.)

5. hans19

hans19 I'm back... Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Jun 9, 2004

Both sound great, but I'll take the latter... ;)