New kid confused about Radiography.

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by NoSmokingBandit, May 27, 2008.

1. NoSmokingBandit

Im planning what i want to do for the rest of my life and my friend pointed me to the school she graduated from for Radiography. Its a small school owned by a local hospital. They offer a 2-year Radiography course resulting in an AAS degree. Does anyone know if this is a path i should seriously consider, or is an Associate's not enough to make it anywhere?
    The school is the Lancaster General College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Im new to the whole medical side of things, but i have always had high Science and English grades, I've just never considered using that in a medical field.
    Thanks for your time :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. colbgw02

colbgw02 Delightfully Tacky

Attending Physician
    This forum is principally populated by radiologists and perspective radiologists. Although I'm sure we could offer you some sage advice about radiography, I believe that www.auntminnie.com has a dedicated forum for your topic. I suggest you post your question there.

4. Amxcvbcv

Amxcvbcv Radiologist
    Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    Shoot X-rays for $50000/year (I'm guessing... don't know salary for sure) or read films for $400000/year (avg salary I've seen just cruising the net.)

:idea:

5. hans19

hans19 I'm back...
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician

Both sound great, but I'll take the latter... ;)