New Kid on the block with a ? about Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfpropsychguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Before I even start I just wanted to say this Forum is amazing. Mostly I'm impressed with the great responces and advice that so many of you have posted. It really says a lot about SDN and Psychiatry in general.

Well, I am going to be entering the 2008 match and would like to stay on the East Coast. I am an IMG so I am trying to tailor my interests toward programs that are IMG friendly. I have posted before that I would love to go to UM but I am definitely open to anything being that as an IMG I'm pretty low on the food chain.

My question is in regards to Tufts. I have heard that they are very friendly with IMG's and are looking for 1st time passers for the steps. Can any of you verify this information for me or if you actually have matched there and can give me some advice or a person to contact there so maybe I can talk to them over the phone that would be great.

Ok, all the best to all of you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything specific, but I've asked people about Tufts. I'm thinking about applying there too. I've heard the same things you have.

Anyway, I would be interested to hear if anyone has any details or if you find out anything else.

Only thing I know about Tufts is that unfortunate case where that 4 y.o. girl overdosed on clonidine by a Tufts psychiatrist that diagnosed her with bipolar & ADHD at age 2.

Tufts defended her saying that everything she did was within standard of care--which as far as I know it wasn't. Unless there's something about this case I'm missing, that wasn't a smart move because now that opens them up to liability-they claim its standard of care but its not.

I did NOT hear good things about their program while on the interview trail this past season, and this was from more than just 1 or 2 folks who had gone to see them. For the record, I did not apply nor interview there, so this is just hearsay, but when you hear it from a LOT of people....