New Major and secondary..help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whyadoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i recently changed my major from biological sciences to Neurobiology. it got approved after i had turned in my app to AMCAS....so here's the dilemma
I have to write my own letter of recommendation (for my chem professor) and he will sign it. In the letter should i put that "XXX also got admitted to the Neurobiology major" cuz in a year they only take 30 ppl to the major and i think it's quite an achievement.....
and should I talk about my change of major in my secondary applications???
I don't know what the pros and cons for writing about the change in major will be...any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to say it but your major means absolutely nothing....if you are tied with a candidate this MIGHT come into play (suppose the other guy has the same gpa but his major is film studies)...however, mcat is most likely used as the number one indicator by most schools...school presitige and recs being second, then perhaps your major...but race, gender, other qualities probably come into play more often then the type of your major heh.

PS. Watch out though, i think some schools requires that you send in a rec from a prof in your major's department...