New Master's Program for predental track students at University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

graduatestudies

Reaction score
Master of Oral Health Sciences (MOHS) for pre-dental track students at University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine prepares college graduates to more effectively compete for dental school admissions and/or pursue other health sciences related careers.

The program is now accepting applications for 2021-2022 academic year. Visit the website for more information

Master of Oral Health Sciences (MOHS) for Predental Track Students - Penn Dental Medicine

School Launches Dual Tracks of Master of Oral Health Sciences Program - Penn Dental Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• PDM Master of Oral Health Sciences-predental .pdf
    273.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Looks like a 70k tuition, likely another 20k for living costs = 90k total.

Pre-dents in undergrad, please try your best to really keep your GPA up. It can literally save you thousands of dollars and is much, much easier than trying to repair a bad GPA.

Not hating on the program or other post-bacs, as some will need to do them. Life is just way easier and better if you don't have to do them.

Reactions: 2 users
Another money grabber program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

B6FF51E5-972E-4BD6-B7CE-F98C49EE1E53.jpeg

Literally all you need to know about this.

Big Hoss

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The craziest part about these programs is that there is still no guarantee you will get into dental school.

You could be left with 90k debt and there is pretty much nothing you can do with a Masters in "Oral Health Sciences."

Or if you are real 'smart' you get into Upenns dental school and come out 700k in the hole. Stay away.

Reactions: 2 users
Dental schools are just great businesses. You just add couple of seats in the classroom and make into Master programs and boom, 50-80k per student for no additional cost lol. I always joke with my buddy that we should open dental school.

Dental schools are just great businesses. You just add couple of seats in the classroom and make into Master programs and boom, 50-80k per student for no additional cost lol. I always joke with my buddy that we should open dental school.
I would just have trouble sleeping at night knowing I screwed people over financially in non dischargeable debt for life.

even if you are an unethical, over treating dentist crowning every posterior amalgam, the pt still gets something and its only a few thousand maybe. this is way worse, preying on uninformed college kids

Reactions: 1 users
I would just have trouble sleeping at night knowing I screwed people over financially in non dischargeable debt for life.

even if you are an unethical, over treating dentist crowning every posterior amalgam, the pt still gets something and its only a few thousand maybe. this is way worse, preying on uninformed college kids
With earnings and demand for services remaining relatively flat while tuition skyrockets, I imagine we’re approaching the bursting of this bubble.

42B4DC87-C171-4957-994A-E39F9F2BB3E2.gif

Big Hoss

lol, I just think those that prey on college kids/young adults are soulless. They don't know jack s*** and they are giving adult responsibility with no money and start their adult life in huge debt that is almost impossible to get out traditionally. BTW, I am one of those dentist that crowns every posterior amalgams.... that have clinical cracklines :p .

lol, I just think those that prey on college kids/young adults are soulless. They don't know jack s*** and they are giving adult responsibility with no money and start their adult life in huge debt that is almost impossible to get out traditionally. BTW, I am one of those dentist that crowns every posterior amalgams.... that have clinical cracklines :p .
nothing wrong with a nice crown when you need it!

I've seen some guys RCTing every single crowned tooth, all MODs upgraded to crowns, LANAP for 4/5mm pockets, upcoding all exos to surgical etc etc.

but none of those things are anywhere near as horrid as putting someone in a lifelong debt that cripples them for decades. amounts to nothing less than indentured servitude. Truly have to be soul less.