New Member...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeautyDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys :hello: I have been a LONG time lurker on this site and thought I'd join so i could post/reply to threads. I am a URM, just graduated from college in May and will be applying this application cycle....But Anywho, just wanted to introduce myself....

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome BeautyDoc! I'm in the same boat (graduated a year ago tho). Good luck on applying this cycle!

hey hey hey! Welcome to the forum. You probably already know this from reading through the SDN forums but here is my standard advice:

1) Submit your application very very very early. Even mediocre apps have a good shot of landing interviews because they are early. I think I had mine in by June 22, but realistically you should just have it in before July.

2) Make sure that the people writing your LORs upload their letters to interfolio.com. It makes it easy because they don't have to mail out 10+ letters themselves. They just mail in 1 and you control where the others are mailed.

3) Depending on your stats remember to apply broadly (high tier, middle tier, and low tier).

4) Research and doctor shadowing are STANDARD, and it will not make you stand out. However serious community service will or some other unique activity will so...remember that.

5) As you are figuring out which schools to apply to buy an MSAR to get an idea of the character of the school; don't just decide via U.S. News rankings.

6) Ask questions frequently so we can guide you through the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys thanks for the LoVe :love:....Docta Jay, thanks for the advice, Im actually reapplying this year, I didnt do too well on the MCAT but decided to continue on through the process last year just because I had already submitted secondaries to my two state schools...I am currently waiting for my application to be verified through AMCAS and also my scores from the July 17th mcat to be returned....talk about stressed,:scared: but I know He has it all in control...

Hi guys :hello: I have been a LONG time lurker on this site and thought I'd join so i could post/reply to threads. I am a URM, just graduated from college in May and will be applying this application cycle....But Anywho, just wanted to introduce myself....

Welcome to the forums! Be active cause there are so few of us! :laugh: :thumbup: