New Mexico, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ATH: I was wondering: would they allow you to wear one of the cute white coats that are cut for women, as long as it's an appropriately short newbie length? Or do you have to wear the ugly, boxy, man coats? (no offense, men)

Like this one:
8404large.jpg

Doering: did you get another update email for the waitlist? Hasn't it been two weeks since the first one? Or are they just gonna ignore the waitlist people now since it has stalled?

Members don't see this ad.

haha. It has been 2 weeks according to my calendar! I am hoping to get one tomorrow... I hope it has at least moved ONE spot. I started my app again :( You hear anything?

**SIGH** They say be careful what you wish for, kiddo. I just got the email--it went up ONE slot. I'm working on my app again, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha! well at least we know it moves... very slowly though. I wonder what spot it was on last year at this time? Anyone know?

ATH, I have decided I may know who you are. Did you take the MCAT prep class at UNM last summer?

ATH, I have decided I may know who you are. Did you take the MCAT prep class at UNM last summer?

Hey KDavis ... no I didn't take the MCAT prep course. I studied on my own. But I do know someone who took the MCAT prep course.

:)

haha! well at least we know it moves... very slowly though. I wonder what spot it was on last year at this time? Anyone know?

Hey Doering, this was posted about a year ago in this thread

"Waitlisted, ordered from lowest (closest to acceptance to highest):
Furrypicacho -- IN!!!
Mrs. Smith (25) -- IN!!!
Yasargil (27)
Genka (29)"

I know Genka was accepted on 6/3/08 because they posted that they got in on that day.

good luck.

Thanks! That is really helpful. So last year it was significantly further along than it is this year. bummer!

Hey Doering, this was posted about a year ago in this thread

"Waitlisted, ordered from lowest (closest to acceptance to highest):
Furrypicacho -- IN!!!
Mrs. Smith (25) -- IN!!!
Yasargil (27)
Genka (29)"

I know Genka was accepted on 6/3/08 because they posted that they got in on that day.

good luck.

Wow Kdavis, looks like you scared everyone away . . .

Net Stalk = No No . . .

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow Kdavis, looks like you scared everyone away . . .

Net Stalk = No No . . .

:D

No, Virus, it was probably you and your secret identity, it being so hard and all.

Kdavis, I just though I should tell you...I have submitted a petition for a restraining order against you. Be expecting a visit from the sheriff.

Hi All,

Sorry to change subject abruptly, but I saw a thread some time back asking if there were any facebook groups for UNM students. Here is one for UNMSOM class of 2013 if anyone is interested in joining:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=83113316961

I'll be starting this fall up there and am excited to meet everyone. To those of you who got in this year, congratulations! And to those of you reapplying I wish you the best of luck. (it's only a matter of time!)

I'm on facebook too if any of you want to meet- just PM me.

Thanks! :D

Oh, Lordy, I do hate my job. Who wants to hire me to fight some crime? Of course, in today's tough economic times I expect full reimbursement for fuel if you want me to use the invisible plane. Lasso of Truth usage = time and a half. The bullet-dodging bracelet thingy is free, 'cause I like the flash and dazzle. Plus, I'm an expert at dodging bullets so it ain't no thang. Seriously, though, I heard that this stimulus package is supposed to make new jobs in academia materialize soon. I really hope so. As I said earlier, I hate my job. Did I mention I hated my job?:mad:

OMG, Doering! They just moved up to #19!! Cross your fingers and think happy thoughts!!!

:xf::):xf::):xf::)

OMG, Doering! They just moved up to #19!! Cross your fingers and think happy thoughts!!!

:xf::):xf::):xf::)
I know! I am trying not to get my hopes up. It is still unlikely that I will be accepted, but now there is a tiny flicker of hope. Must they toy with our emotions?! haha. :xf::luck:

That's alright, Doering. What kind of baked goods do you want me to bring you on our first day of school next year? Cinnamon rolls or cupcakes? I make very good white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, too. I'll bring Chamorro barbeque, too, so ATH can give us all her notes.

Did anyone get their secondary request yet? They said they would contact me last week... still nothing

Good luck, Doering! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

Here, let me lend you my lucky rabbit's foot:

Knock 'em dead, kid!

Good luck, Doering! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

Here, let me lend you my lucky rabbit's foot:

Knock 'em dead, kid!

THanks! Ill slip that foot in my jacket pocket! :laugh: Ill let you guys know my interviewers also. Im getting a little nervous!:scared:

Good luck tomorrow Doering!
:luck:[I want to do family practice]:luck:
:luck:[or really, rural family practice]:luck:
:luck:[or neuro/psych if I were to specialize]:luck:
:luck::luck::luck::luck:

your 3rd year cheer leader,

rach

Yeah, good luck, Doering! Try to relax and get plenty of rest tonight. We are all thinking happy thoughts for you!! :luck::luck::luck:

Oh, yeah, and let's just pretend your name is Craig:

3446318898_a149bf8708.jpg

Thanks for all the support guys! I think it went well. both interviewers were very friendly and relaxed and said they enjoyed it after. I feel good, bu still nervous! :thumbup:

I'm glad your interviews went well, Doering! Who were your interviewers, if you don't mind me asking?

On a side note, I am becoming quite the dirty old lady, indeed:

...both interviewers...said they enjoyed it after. I feel good...! :thumbup:

Tee-hee!!

haha. I had Dr. Last (general surgeon) and Dr. Fontana (family practice). They were both awesome... I hope I dont just feel that way and they think i was terrible. lol. only time will tell!

I'm glad your interviews went well, Doering! Who were your interviewers, if you don't mind me asking?

On a side note, I am becoming quite the dirty old lady, indeed:

Tee-hee!!

Hey, Dr. Last interviewed me last time. He was very nice...had the whole UN in the corner of his office.

Rach, I hope you aren't too stressed with rotations. Try to chill out as much as possible with a beer and the remote.

But not too much; you might put on some weight:

scaled.drunk-cat-couch-potato.jpg

Oh, no, I think I'm developing a fetish for fat animals.

Thanks jinx, rotations are pretty chill thus far (famous last words, I know).
I so hope all of you get in! Even if it takes you another year or even two, here's why UNM is so friggin awesome:

1. Only 18 months of pre-clinical bookwork/lecture (you take your step 1 in feb rather than wait until the summer, and they give you lots of time to study).
2. Nobody is out to get you on the wards, and there is no overnight call except for a week on OB. Again, this is qualified as I've only had the primary care fields and not ob or surg yet.
3. Cheap tuition
4. Small class size
5. Green chili

Sorry to tease you, I know how bad you all want in.

GOOD LUCK :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

YEAH! I did better this year and don't have to deal with the wait list! :thumbup: Jinx, now its your turn!!! :luck::luck::xf::xf:

Wow, Doering, you got an acceptance already? Congratulations!!!! Of course I made you a cake.

ibanez_js1200.jpg

You Rock!!! (That was unforgivably cheesy, even for me).

haha, I love the cheesiness (and the cake)... it we be very helpful when we both start school in the fall!

Yippeeeeee Doering! Congrats!

What are you Doering right now? I hope it involves alcohol!

Last words of advice: RESPECT THE DR. TAZ! (you'll meet him first day of orientation)

Last words of advice: RESPECT THE DR. TAZ! (you'll meet him first day of orientation)
I have been celebrating since the letter! Im glad I got it on a friday! hahl any advice:thumbup: you have would be awesome!

OMG!! Does his whole bottom half turn into a whirlwind when he gets pissed? I'm afraid.

not to put you on the spot jinx, but when's your interview?

**sheepishly** I haven't even submitted my AMCAS app yet. I'm doing what Dr. Bear told me to do and was planning on submitting on November 1st, but I'm scared that it will be too late by then. Everything is ready to go, though, (except for a last proofreading) so I might just say WTF and submit it on Friday.

hol-poohThanks.gif

I'll start my P90X tomorrow, dammit!

Happy New Year, everyone!

I heard there was a small wave that went out in december and another bigger one going out this month - anyone hear anything about this??

The same thing happened last year, since UNM has a "semi-rolling" admissions. They offer the most acceptances in March but do offer some earlier.