New Mexico, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
alexxx, I spoke to Hollie in the admissions office today--there will be an adcom meeting on the 28th of this month to consider people to offer admissions to in February. The rest of the applicants will be notified in March.

Members don't see this ad.

alexxx, I spoke to Hollie in the admissions office today--there will be an adcom meeting on the 28th of this month to consider people to offer admissions to in February. The rest of the applicants will be notified in March.

Nice to know!
:thumbup:

Wish it were sooner tho :(

When was your interview, alexxx?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, the rest of them go out in little over a month.

I am from Albuquerque. Been here since '98. Now a sophomore at UNM.

I just want to say hello to you all. I have been reading your posts for a while and found it very informative. I will be applying this year for unm, I have not yet taken the mcat but will do that in may. I have a question about volunteering hours, about how many hours is considered average. By the time I apply in june I will have approximately 70 hours and I am wondering if that is small.

Oh, man, I just got an email from UNM today notifying me that all of the non-rolling acceptances have been sent out (and I didn't get one); and that if I don't get a letter about the rolling admissions by the 24th to request the letter be resent. I'm starting to freak out a bit.

Okay, as per The Secret, I'll think only positive thoughts about my admissions letter being on its way.

Good luck, everyone!

I just got a background request email from AMCAS saying a school I applied to is requesting a background check - UNM is the only one left!

Does this = accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats electroshok! To everyone else, I hope the mail man hurries it up!:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

congratulations, electoshok (alexxx ?) As for me, flat-out rejected. I didn't even get waitlisted this time. *sniff*

*Pops in*

An online friend who recently moved from New Mexico showed me a few pictures of Vinegaroons a few months ago.

Yeah... I could never, EVER live in that state. You guys are braver than I am.

congratulations, electoshok (alexxx ?) As for me, flat-out rejected. I didn't even get waitlisted this time. *sniff*

Thanks!
And I am sorry to hear about that. Are you still waiting to hear from any other schools?

*Pops in*

An online friend who recently moved from New Mexico showed me a few pictures of Vinegaroons a few months ago.

Yeah... I could never, EVER live in that state. You guys are braver than I am.
Weird i have never seen one before.http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2008/07/23/giant-vinegaroon-2/
Perhaps because it's nocturnal. However, I am glad there are not that many bugs and creepy crawlies in New Mexico. Now I'm afraid of living in NYC where the rats are as big as dogs:eek:.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be that many. When you consider that UNM only receives 200 applications from in-state a year, it's not really a surprise.