New Mexico University NMU 2009 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIkeNB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So guys, anyone heard back from NMU yet? No one on this forum seems to mention anything about them.

Members don't see this ad.

So guys, anyone heard back from NMU yet? No one on this forum seems to mention anything about them.

Do you mean the University of New Mexico? Are you from instate?

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL you beat me to the punch. It is UNM. The school is very heavy instate and WICHE.

Ya, that's what i'm hoping for...:D Are you instate?

I'm from Colorado and I'm applying to UNM....I love NM. Beautiful state, and I have some relatives there that might let me live with them during school. Which would be nice, and cheap...haha.
WICHE is the Western States student exchange thingy, right? So they might think I'm alright because I'm from Colorado? I'm pretty sure Colorado is in the WICHE program.
I haven't heard anything from UNM, but they won't have my complete application until sometime next week (PharmCAS sending out references on Monday, and I just mailed my photo and check earlier this week). But they're rolling admissions, so I would hope to hear from them within a few weeks of them receiving my complete app. I hope.

oh that sucks because Im out of state (CA). Alright, guess i wasted $50 lol.

oh that sucks because Im out of state (CA). Alright, guess i wasted $50 lol.
Maybe,Maybe not. New Mexico, like most states schools, prefers to admit state students, for the hope they practice in state. Next UNM partcipates heavily in WICHE. UNM trades students with other states that do not have pharmacy schools, just as we except students whose state do not have a med school and other states accept NM students because we have no Dental School. Than after that they take a look at OOS non-WHICHE. So you may have a shot, you never know.

i called up admissions and they said there are over 1,100 applicants..!! they only admit 10% out of state students and give preference to the states that border NM

yeah, once they started participating in PharmCAS it skyrocketed. I wonder if people just go "hmm, New Mexico, I bet no one is applying there. I'll try!"

yeah, once they started participating in PharmCAS it skyrocketed. I wonder if people just go "hmm, New Mexico, I bet no one is applying there. I'll try!"
LOL, that's EXACTLY what my friend said. UNM will probably look at CA applicants right before they review applicants from international student, if it even makes it that far.

So, has anyone heard back from them as far as interviews yet??

So, has anyone heard back from them as far as interviews yet??

i was offered an interview and i think it was for sometime at the end of january. i received the letter around christmas time. i ended up declining the interview because i accepted a seat at another school. i was pretty surprised because i'm out of state. good luck though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump. Have anyone else heard anything from them?

Anyone else heard anything? I'm still waiting...

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow??

I still haven't heard from them. Anyone else in the same boat - no rejection or interview invite yet?

I haven't heard anything yet either.

Wow, only a few have heard from them. Either that or not a lot of people apply to NM. Or maybe people did and they just didn't post. Either way, it's the end of feb and so few interviews from them. :rolleyes:

I received my interview invitation about 3-4 weeks ago, they tell you what day you are interviewing and if you can't make it then you forfeit your interview with them. It is really different than other schools I got interviews with.

I never finished the supplemental b/c I found out they only admit 10 out-of-state students on average each year (this is for a class size of 85) and I had already got in to one of my top three schools. I never even noticed this stat till a couple days before the deadline.

I have yet to hear anything yet! I wish I had known about the out of state thing though

Found it on PharmCAS, gave me a little wake up call to look at EVERYTHING! lol Then again I really do not know how many out-of-state applicants they really get. Good luck though!

Found it on PharmCAS, gave me a little wake up call to look at EVERYTHING! lol Then again I really do not know how many out-of-state applicants they really get. Good luck though!

they get several hundred.

I have applied as well but didnt hear anything yet..do know a couple of people who got their interview though. i heard that the interviews might go on even after april ....does anyone know if is that right??

I applied early haven't got an interview or waitlist or denial. I email Krystal occasionally and i know my file has been complete for months now. Im from florida so I fall into the out of state disadvantage.

i got an interview for 14th march..anyone else??

soultripper just out of curiosity are you instate for UNM? It is really weird that they sent my invite so long ago and my date is after yours.

soultripper just out of curiosity are you instate for UNM? It is really weird that they sent my invite so long ago and my date is after yours.

Yeah i m instate..i was suprised too since they called me yesterday and said that they did mail out the invite yesterday but wanted to inform me just in case i dont get it.

When is your interview?

Mine is the 28th of March. I am out of state and found out about the instate priority after i applied. So I am very happy I got the interview because that's half the battle.

Mine is the 28th of March. I am out of state and found out about the instate priority after i applied. So I am very happy I got the interview because that's half the battle.

thats nice..goodluck:thumbup:

Anyone else still not hear anything? No rejection, no interview invite?

yeah nothing yet at all! I emailed them just in case and they told me to keep waiting until the end of April. Cant they at least jsut tell me where I stand...?

I haven't heard anything from them since my interview in febuary. I have put a deposit down at another school. They have serious communication problems. I just want to know if I am rejected or what!:rolleyes:

I've heard interview invites will be sent until April 30th.

Usually they make instate people wait until after spring semester is done, but I've heard of one person who knows they were accepted.

I've also heard of one accepted out of state student.

I've heard interview invites will be sent until April 30th.

Usually they make instate people wait until after spring semester is done, but I've heard of one person who knows they were accepted.

I've also heard of one accepted out of state student.
Thanks for the info! It is greatly appreciated. I'm not getting my hopes up since I'm an out-of-stater, but I'm close by at least. :)

Just got my acceptance letter from UNM. :D

And now I have to start thinking of a way to pay tuition.:confused:

word has it the interview yesterday was the final interview.

Hi, I am a University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy (UNM COP) fall 2009 applicant. UNM is my *first choice* (my hometown is Albuquerque) and although I was fortunate enough to get an interview (Sat., April 25), I am still waiting to hear from the Admissions Committee, which will not convene to make final decisions on the remaining candidates for several more days. I hope by posting some admissions statistics here, other applicants may have some of their curiosity filled.

YEAR/# APPLICANTS/# QUALIFIED APPLICANTS/# INTERVIEWED/# OFFERED ADMISSIONS/# ADMITTED

2004/736/476/153/97/81
2005/1307/930/169/94/84
2006/1592/1084/203/99/84
2007/1103/731/185/100/86
2008/1139/881/189/101/88
Note: qualified applicants = submitted all required application portions

YEAR/% MEN/% WOMEN/AVG. AGE/% RESIDENT/% NON-RESIDENT/% PREVIOUS DEGREE

2005/36/64/25.8/88/12/40
2006/31/69/25.4/89/11/30
2007/52/48/24.7/87/13/43
2008/41/59/24.8/90/10/37

Please wish me luck on hearing good news from UNM College of Pharmacy.

Last edited:
They wanted final transcripts as soon my classes were done.

So I had my finals end on May 1, and all the grades were updated on May 8th. I sent priority express on the transcript so it would reach New Mexico in a timely matter.

A few days after I sent the transcript, I got a rejection letter from them....and the date that was on that letter was May 5th. There goes $25.

There hasn't been much activity here in the forum but I just thought I would ask if someone can suggest a nice apartment building or a good neighborhood. I emailed the school and they suggested the Family & Graduate living complex located south of the main campus. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Check these out:

http://och.unm.edu (UNM Off-Campus Housing)
albuquerque.craigslist.org
www.alibi.com classifieds

If you don't mind living in the ghetto, Mountain View Apartments is within biking distance to the main campus. Sun Village is nicer and closer to the north campus, which is where the Nursing/Pharmacy building is located. Also, Sun Village may still have a shuttle service to UNM, which is great. The Citadel and Netherwood Apartments are close to the north campus, but I've never lived at any of these places. Of course, there are tons of other places around the UNM area. Good luck.

i got a letter today saying that i am on the alternate list. Was wondering if i had any chances of getting in still or should i just think of it as being rejected...:(:(:(

My friend was on the alternate list two years ago, but did not get into UNM COP. He was on the alternate list again last year and got in. Someone close to me got into UNM COP the week before the semester started. I have heard that the list is kept fairly short, so keep your head up. I'm still waiting to hear from UNM COP; I really hope that I get accepted. Buena suerte.

I'm making plans to go elsewhere as I have yet to hear from UNM :confused:

My friend was on the alternate list two years ago, but did not get into UNM COP. He was on the alternate list again last year and got in. Someone close to me got into UNM COP the week before the semester started. I have heard that the list is kept fairly short, so keep your head up. I'm still waiting to hear from UNM COP; I really hope that I get accepted. Buena suerte.

Its frustating to wait more
You would probably hear something real soon..good luck!