New MSAR MCAT applicant data

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPSmyth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The new MSAR shows MCAT data for the applicants, showing the 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, and 90th percentiles. I'm trying to compile a school list, would it be reasonable to assume it is worth applying if my score is at the 75th percentile? (510 for the schools I'm looking at). My GPA is above a 3.8 so I don't think that will be the limiting factor to my school list.

can @Goro or any other adcoms offer some input? I just don't know how to interpret this applicant data. Thank you, I appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The new MSAR shows MCAT data for the applicants, showing the 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, and 90th percentiles. I'm trying to compile a school list, would it be reasonable to assume it is worth applying if my score is at the 75th percentile? (510 for the schools I'm looking at). My GPA is above a 3.8 so I don't think that will be the limiting factor to my school list.Thanks for any input guys
You should base your list on the accepted student ranges, not applied.

You should base your list on the accepted student ranges, not applied.
Those don't exist yet in MSAR. They still have the old scores out of 45, and I've compared the old->new percentiles but I don't know how I should go about interpreting that really

Members don't see this ad :)
Those don't exist yet in MSAR. They still have the old scores out of 45, and I've compared the old->new percentiles but I don't know how I should go about interpreting that really
Go by the accepted ranges with percentile conversion (build your list like you had a 31)

Reactions: 1 user
If your score or GPA is in the top 25% of applicants for a given school, you are in the ball park at that school. Of course, do recognize that some schools can only interview 10-15% of the applicant pool so in some cases being in the top 25% of applicants is iffy.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree 100% with the wise LizzyM.

The new MSAR shows MCAT data for the applicants, showing the 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, and 90th percentiles. I'm trying to compile a school list, would it be reasonable to assume it is worth applying if my score is at the 75th percentile? (510 for the schools I'm looking at). My GPA is above a 3.8 so I don't think that will be the limiting factor to my school list.

can @Goro or any other adcoms offer some input? I just don't know how to interpret this applicant data. Thank you, I appreciate it