New Mt Sinai info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jase133

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything from Mt Sinai lately?

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jase133:
•Anyone hear anything from Mt Sinai lately?•••••i called about a week ago: no decision.
i interviewed dec 19

Hi everyone and Jase133(fellow Canadian),

Yeah, I just heard from Mt Sinai today via email. I just got an invite for an interview in
April.

I am soooooo excited because this is my first choice school!

Any advice from those who already interview there would be greatly appreciated.

--Veggie

Members don't see this ad :)
Veggiegirl:

Just be yourself. The school is great and the students are very friendly. The Dean of Admissions will come in and start cracking jokes about the admissions process. They have a computer there for you to surf the net =).

Good luck

Rereading my reply, I just realized how I should've elaborated.

They don't do stress interviews. They just want to get to know you. In my opinion, you can't tell how well/poorly you do. They might possibly be looking for very subtle qualities. Everyone essentially has a "good" interview. Having said that, you can't really do anything to fit into the mold of what they are looking for. The interviews themselves are very relaxed, like conversations. You can't do anything more than to know your personal biography well.

no word yet here. I interviewed Feb. 5 and am waiting desperately for a decision. I hope they decide soon.

Hey jase133,

Tons of questions...

When did you interview at Sinai? Have you interviewed elsewhere yet? Any acceptances? Any helpful loan info for Canadians?

---Veggie

congrats on those invites! Sinai is my dream school (and one of those "reach" scools I applied to). I have been complete since Jan 3rd :( I sent it in late, don't ask why :rolleyes:

I have 2 LORs from physicians there and I would LOVE an invite. Ya hear me sinai? Need me to post my email adress?

Foxy

veggiegirl when were you complete? I've been complete since September and I haven't hear **** from them!

Guys!

Don't worry. I thought I wouldn't hear anything form Sinai either. I was complete in late December(around Christmas time).

I waited around for a month not knowing that Sinai never received my recommendation letters. Probably due to the mail hullabaloo last fall in NYC. Luckily I happened to call to find out my status and I found out Sinai didn't receive these letters. So, although I thought I was comlete in November, I was ACTUALLY complete until my professors resent my recommendation letters by the end of December.

Why don't you call Sinai and find out how your app status. I called Sinai atleast 4 times---maybe that helped them remember me.

Hope this helps,

---Veggie

well I did try calling them back in December and January, but each time they told me I was complete. Too bad, Sinai was a top choice for me, but now, even if I get an interview, I don't know if I should go (too much $$).

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
•congrats on those invites! Sinai is my dream school (and one of those "reach" scools I applied to). I have been complete since Jan 3rd :( I sent it in late, don't ask why :rolleyes:

I have 2 LORs from physicians there and I would LOVE an invite. Ya hear me sinai? Need me to post my email adress?

Foxy•••••hopefully you'll get an invite.

i feel kind of mistreated cause they are taking so long w/ my file. my friend got accepted there last year after a 2 week post-interview wait. she ended up going to upenn instead.

Sinai is a great school, I really feel like they appreciate their students and they are willing to go the extra mile to include them in decisions and they are concerned about their wellbeing. I interviewed there on Nov. 12, the day the plane went down in Queens, and I really got a good feeling from the interviewers and the admin staff. Interesting day in NY, since we all thought 9/11 might be happening again...but interviews went on! One interviewer said "if it comes to memorizing minutia or enjoying the city, go enjoy the city." I was accepted 12/24, and I am seriously considering attending, but the $$ is a problem for me. They have alot to offer in terms of curriculum and clinical stuff...I stayed with 3rd years in the dorms...nice students and nice dorms. All around a fantastic place to study medicine.

this school is sooooooooooo out of it. i have no idea what the hell to think. i interviewed on jan.30 with E'01, who's already gotten in, but i haven't heard anything yet. i am confident that sinai was my 2nd best interview performance (in both interviews)and i have above their averages for both mcat and gpa, and i thought i was competitive, but nothing. i am going nuts over this friggin school.

-i dont know what to think about them. they're 400 million in the hole and their adcom doesn't seem to have its act together. fuggit.

****. if i was rejected, at least send me the damn letter so i can have some finality. what difference does it make to them if they just sit on all these rejections for months?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by choker:
•this school is sooooooooooo out of it. i have no idea what the hell to think. i interviewed on jan.30 with E'01, who's already gotten in, but i haven't heard anything yet. i am confident that sinai was my 2nd best interview performance (in both interviews)and i have above their averages for both mcat and gpa, and i thought i was competitive, but nothing. i am going nuts over this friggin school.

-i dont know what to think about them. they're 400 million in the hole and their adcom doesn't seem to have its act together. fuggit.

****. if i was rejected, at least send me the damn letter so i can have some finality. what difference does it make to them if they just sit on all these rejections for months?•••••Damn Choker,

Show some love....

personally, i love reading choker's rants.

Finality...i like that word....

I'm with Choker, but its worse!!

I interviewed in OCTOBER and I have heard nothing. What the hell man? There's a few schools that I can't just show any proverbial love to and Sinai is one of them. . . !!

I called earlier this week and they still have my app "under consideration." Shocker, I know. . .

:p

I'm with Choker, but its worse!!

I interviewed in OCTOBER and I have heard nothing. What the hell man? There's a few schools that I can't just show any proverbial love to and Sinai is one of them. . . !!

I called earlier this week and they still have my app "under consideration." Shocker, I know. . .

:p