Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

new nuc med resident IMHOTEP

Discussion in 'Nuclear Medicine' started by colnuc, Mar 4, 2007.

1. colnuc

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi I am finising up my Im residency and going for my nuc med residency.HI to all nuc residents here..like IMHOTEP. I am really excited about the prospect of joining i nuc med but many of my freinds have discouraged me because I had offers for fellowhsips in pulm.cc,but I know my heart wont be in there.
    can you guys tell me what to expect in residency and life there after..appreiate ur help.

colnuc

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. apich214

Resident [Any Field]
    If you like nuclear medicine, don't listen to discourage words from anybody. Just do what you like.

Believe in what you do and do what you believed!!!

4. rick sambora

Resident [Any Field]
    If you end up in a specialty that you don't like, you will regret it for the rest of your life. I would advice you to pursue what you like. In regards to the opportunities after Nuc Med, it all depends on the market at the time that you will graduate and also where you graduate from. If you do not have any visa issues and if you are open to academic positions I dont think you will have much of a problem. You will however not have the luxury of the various(private/academic) opportunities that you may have after completing a more mainstream residency/fellowship. Trust me , the nuc med scene is much better than peole make it sound.