• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

new online medical school

CVPA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2000
Florida
    I checked out this webpage and cannot find an address, a PERSON'S name, a telephone number or even a way to get an application. You can, however, apply over the net for a fee, of course. There are no stats about the school,who started them, or even how long they have been around.

Smells like a bogus scam.

About the Ads

me68

15+ Year Member
    Oct 17, 2000
      Not that I'm promoting that "school" in any way, but they clearly state that they are not claiming to provide you with a M.D. degree. They just let you "shadow" the courses that real M.D. students would have to take. Whether or not this will help gain admission to a real medical school is up to each of us to find out. I would actually consider taking it as sort of a prep course for med school (which I will be starting next year) I guess what I'm saying is to be fair and not put it down for claiming things that it clearly is not claiming.

CVPA

10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 8, 2000
      Florida
        You are right me68, they do say that, however, I would not even consider a school that does not even list an address or any name associated with the school on their website. I am not even sure this is a legit school. These kind of sites have popped up in the past and people have spent a lot of money for nothing. Be careful.

UHS2002

10+ Year Member
        Jan 12, 1999
          This is an interesting enterprise...

Their web site keeps changing. Last time I checked, they had a link named "Faculty", even though when you clicked on it, there was no names of any faculty, just something about the faculty being in good standing with the local Medical Board or some such thing. Now that link is gone from the site.

Also gone are the postings on th IMG forum in regards to this new enterprise. Last I checked, someone had posted the names of some "faculty" members. I don't know if bogus or not, but the poster claimed that they had been on this new "school" website earlier. Perhaps he was just using his post to defame people who had nothing to do with this "school".

Personally, I am amused by the whole thing. I can't imagine someone falling for it.

Lee

Sleestack
          Staff member
          Administrator
          Verified Expert
        • Dec 31, 1999
          1. Attending Physician
            This "medical school" is just great! I really like the disclaimer on their online application:

By filling out this form and sending it to ACMS, you . . . understand that this is an online graduate school that offers Post-Baccalaureate, Masters and Ph.D. degrees of Medical Science. We do not offer a Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degree. Having a degree from ACMS does not necessarily entitle one to any specific activities. You understand that every school and every employer has their own policy regarding acceptance of degrees and transfer credits. It is the students responsibility to determine these policies before enrolling in ACMS.

So what they're saying is they're a medical school that gives (at best) a half-baked Ph.D.. What a deal!
            tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Lee A Burnett (edited 12-03-2000).]

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.