New Orleans Aapa Conference

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by emedpa, Nov 10, 2002.

1. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    anyone going to the aapa conference in new orleans in may? I went to salt lake and ny and they were decent, but not a lot of specialty/EM stuff. this year is supposed to have more of a specialty emphasis. hope to see you all there-e

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TexasRose

TexasRose Gotta run
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Looks like it would be interesting. Is it worthwhile for students?(as in pre-PA?) What are the best parts of these conferences, would you say?

Theresa

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    networking, cme info, seeing friends, free food...

4. TexasRose

TexasRose Gotta run
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    hmmm...free food.... I'm there!:laugh:
    Theresa

5. themadmedic

themadmedic Member
    7+ Year Member

Not sure that a pre-PA would get much out of it...but a PA student in the program would find it beneficial...

Not sure if I will be making it this year or not-graduating, knocking out the PANCE, and looking to start work all within the same time frame...:cool:

6. OP
    OP
    emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    lots of recruiters at the conference. I went as a student and as a new grad(and a few times since) and found it very helpful. did I mention the free food ... also it's new orleans for heavens's sake. if you can go and get someone else to pay it is a no brainer!

7. rdennisjr

rdennisjr SDN Super Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Hoping to be there - waiting to find out if the schedule is going to work or not - right in the middle of the transition from surgery rotation to ortho rotation then! A break would be nice!

Dennis

8. OP
    OP
    emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    rdennis-let me know if you decide to go. maybe we could grab a beer somewhere and chat.

9. rdennisjr

rdennisjr SDN Super Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Most definetly - one of my classmates and I are just waiting to find out if we have been selected to go or not - will share a beer if I make it!

D

10. themadmedic

themadmedic Member
    7+ Year Member

rdennisjr...if you make it out there...make sure you check out the SAPA meeting...as well as Veteran's Cauc....