New Orleans

u2sara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there a spouse/partner to someone going to Tulane or LSU Med School in New Orleans? I was just wondering what kind of jobs were available there considering that when I visited it appeared to be a ghost town (economically)? Also, if anyone has any advice about where to live (Garden District? By Tulane Undergrad?)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I have been living in New Orleans for the last 7 years. I live uptown (between the garden district and Tulane). I love the area it is beautiful. There are a lot of jobs in the service industry and entry-level. unfortunately, there is not a lot of higher paying professional jobs. The lack of these jobs has created an exodus of young professionals from New Orleans. I love this city, it is a small town and a large city at the same time. Unfortunately, I will be moving to go to school next fall and I know I will miss it. Good Luck with you move and if you have any specific questions or would like me to send you a local paper or anything like that send me a private message.

Sugar - thanks for the tips. I have no idea if New Orleans will be the place where we'll end up yet but if that's the case I'll definitely PM you.