New Orleans

Discussion in 'Spouses and Partners' started by u2sara, Mar 6, 2002.

1. u2sara

u2sara Junior Member

Anyone out there a spouse/partner to someone going to Tulane or LSU Med School in New Orleans? I was just wondering what kind of jobs were available there considering that when I visited it appeared to be a ghost town (economically)? Also, if anyone has any advice about where to live (Garden District? By Tulane Undergrad?)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sugar72

Sugar72 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi there,

I have been living in New Orleans for the last 7 years. I live uptown (between the garden district and Tulane). I love the area it is beautiful. There are a lot of jobs in the service industry and entry-level. unfortunately, there is not a lot of higher paying professional jobs. The lack of these jobs has created an exodus of young professionals from New Orleans. I love this city, it is a small town and a large city at the same time. Unfortunately, I will be moving to go to school next fall and I know I will miss it. Good Luck with you move and if you have any specific questions or would like me to send you a local paper or anything like that send me a private message.

4. u2sara

u2sara Junior Member

Sugar - thanks for the tips. I have no idea if New Orleans will be the place where we'll end up yet but if that's the case I'll definitely PM you.